B2650 - First tractor

/ B2650 - First tractor #11  
Jeff good suggestion on the canvas cover but I'm not sure about liquid filled tires on a B with a backhoe.
The Backhoe did not enter my consciousness.

/ B2650 - First tractor
I owned a Kubota B3300SU for two years, a predecessor to B2650 without the mid-PTO but with a factory loader standard.

For its considerable power versus light weight I found my 'B' to be pretty tippy. I had air inflated tires. I recommend liquid filled rear tires for stability.

If you tarp the tractor use a permeable canvas tarp. A plastic tarp will condense moisture under the tarp on the tractor. TSC sells light canvas tarps but I prefer the heavy 18 ounce offerings from Chicago Canvas, as they are heavy enough to remain in place without being tied down. Purchase 12" wider and 12" longer than you think you will need.

I garage my tractor but my multitude of implements are outside under Chicago Canvas cotton tarps.

LINK: chicago_canvas | eBay Stores
Thanks Jeff. I will look into canvas covers instead. I’ll at least get one or two for the backhoe and FEL while I figure out where the tractor will live for the winter.

/ B2650 - First tractor #13  
Welcome!
Are any preventative maintenance services due soon?
Good time to get them handled before winter.
Best of Luck!

/ B2650 - First tractor #14  
My experiences with a 2018 ...bought brand new B2650 now has 300 hours on it. I also run a B2620 and a Case 448 doing various chores

1. The Shelter Logic...Top of their line... I installed it myself with about $2000 into it. In six years it has withstood 70 mph winds and several heavy wet snows. I have the B2650..the B2620 the Case 448 and a MightyMac chipper /shredder and some small stuff garaged in it.

2. Study the OE B2650 manual and its attachment throughly.

3. Most of my hours on the B2650 have been mowing (MMM). But I have also used it for grinding stumps, running a 6 inch chipper, running a tiller, hauling large/long Pine logs etc. I do not have a snow blower or a back hoe.

4. I have had zero issues with B2650 so far...but do keep the maintenance up to date.

5. The three point has PATS Easy hitch installed

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 962.JPG
    962.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / B2650 - First tractor #15  
My Shelter Logic tarp shed blew apart the first spring it was up. My 2650 now sleeps in a pole barn with the other toys.

I do snowblow with mine, and just wear a good snowsuit when doing so, paying close attention to which way the wind is blowing.