Possible hydraulic issue on tractor?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #1  

namesray

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota rtv900: kubota mx5200
I have a kubota mx5200 tractor with an ansung 2150b loader on it. Bought new. Everthing seems to work ok in the hydraulic department, but...

The pump is on the side of the tractor engine. Throughout running tractor, pump will seemingly make a static, electric, clicking, pulsing noise sporatically off and on. Seems tochange slightly with rpms. Still makes noise rather loader is being functioned or not.

The loader functions all work. Tractor has open center valves. However the bucket dump/curl function will make a popping/surge noise whenI return the lever to neutral everytime. The boom lift function works flawlessy and quietly.

Also, the main line hoses in and out and pb from the control valve seem to get pretty hot, even if loader is not being moved, such as when bush hogging. I can hold my hand on them for a bit, but much longer would burn. Is this normal?

Troctor is gear shift, with syrcnco shuttle and hyd, independant pto, with hyd cooler up by radiator, with single rear remotes set.

The tractor seems to "feel" different in its functions, especially power steering, after running it for about 30 to 45mins. Not a big difference, but ever so slightly.

First off, is the popping in the bucket curl/dumpfunction normal? And am I just getting concerned about nothing at all? Or could it be ssomething causing air in system or a pressure releife valve not quite right?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #2  
Sounds like your pressure relief valve needs adjustment on the loader. Too much pressure. Hoses should not get that hot. Get it checked or if you have a gauge and shop manual it is a fairly simple adjustment.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #3  
Install a hyd gauge in a tee in the IN port of the loader valve and post the readings.

Have you checked the routing of the hoses?

The pump flow in an open center hyd system should go from the pump, through all valve to tank with no restrictions.

PB from each valve will go to the in port of the next valve, and all tank lines go to tank.

Your gauge should read very low pressure with all levers in neutral.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #4  
I got a 4230 power shift it will not move power steering works lift arms work change all filters and check screen was clean?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor?
Ok. Here are some pictures of some of the main hyd routings. Sorry for the poor quality.

20150615_211559.jpg20150615_212100.jpg20150615_211612.jpg20150615_211633.jpg20150615_211713.jpg

I not too good at pictures here. I labled the lines according to what manuel says and the flow direction as the picture of the manuel states.

Could lines c and d be switched?

The lines for the remotes on back come out of rear case.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #6  
Ok. Here are some pictures of some of the main hyd routings. Sorry for the poor quality.

View attachment 429876View attachment 429875View attachment 429877View attachment 429878View attachment 429879

I not too good at pictures here. I labled the lines according to what manuel says and the flow direction as the picture of the manuel states.

Could lines c and d be switched?

The lines for the remotes on back come out of rear case.

Could, but doubt that would cause the symptoms you described. As suggested start by measuring system pressure in the neutral position.

Ok. Have to get my friend over here. He has the hyd guages. I don't have any. I will report back with those neutral readings. Where in line should we put the guage? (In line at a t)??? Right where line b goes into loader valve control, just before valve body??

Yeah, I re read jj s post, that on the "in" line with a "T" to check pressure with guage. Sorry, been long day and I am no mechanic. So with a "T" right before loader valve be ok?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #9  
Yes, that is correct.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #10  
I got a 4230 power shift it will not move power steering works lift arms work change all filters and check screen was clean?

Welcome to TBN.
You'd probably get more replies if you had started your own thread. I presume you're referring to the tractor in your profile a JD 4230. Have you checked C1 pressure or any other trans pressures? The powershift trans has a damper clutch at engine flywheel that could be slipping.