Possible hydraulic issue on tractor?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor?
Ok, been messing with tractor this morning. I started tractor and worked functions while holding to hoses. Here is what I know, or atleast think I know.

I worked loader functions. The "in" "pb" "tank" lines all jump a little bit when any loader function is moved. I am convinced that the "clunk" noise I have been talking about, is those hoses between tractor hyd port and loader valve. Those hoses must surge or vibrate and when that shock wave meets the end of the hoses at tractor hyd ports and loader valve, the wave is stopped when it impacts the fixed ends. Thus the "clunk" sound. The sound is only made when the bucket function is returned to neutral though. Don't know what is different with the boom function, but it won't do it.

The eletric, static, plastic bag flick sound I have been talking about is the power steering lines off the top of the pump on sideof engine to the steering box under steering wheel.

I started tractor up and let it idle for 25 minutes. I was checking lines and such and after 10 minutes I started to hear the static noise. I felt the steering line and could feel the pulse in them same time as I heard the noise. Don't feel pulse in any other lines, just steering lines. The line has a plastic wrap on it and was loose at the steering box end. I have tapped the loose end tight. My thinking is this is what was MAKING the static like noise when the steering line would pulse. But I don't know what is CAUSING the pulse in the lines. Is this normal? I have to wait for rain to stop to go run tractor to see if my tape job quieted this static like noise.

There are 2 steering lines from top of main pump to steering box. Both pulse a bit sporatically, especially if I rev on the throttle and let off. When engine is winding down that is when I feel the pulse. However when I am out working the tractor, I hear the static noise rather I am reving it or letting it idle. This noise is much louder and more frequent when I am working tractor and everything is hot.

While I was letting tractor idle and warm up, I was checking all hyd lines to see which ones heat up and would pulse. I noticed some lines got warm and some didn't. I traced them all best I could, and seems like all "tank" lines did NOT get warm. All "in" and "power beyond" lines got warm. I take this as normal.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #22  
I would like to see some pressure readings with all valves in neutral and maybe determined if there was some blockage in the flow path.

The pressure should be very low and steady.

Ok. I will start hunting down fittings and guage. Still put the guage just before the loader valve "in" port on a "t" fitting?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #24  
Yes, and that will reflect any hyd use in the system.

Keep in mind that the tractor/3pt relief is in the hyd block and before the loader valve.

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #25  
New tractor?? Is the dealer involved?

Have you disconnected and reconnected all the quick couplers?

Yes, and that will reflect any hyd use in the system.

Keep in mind that the tractor/3pt relief is in the hyd block and before the loader valve.

Ok, that is what I will work on doing. Might be couple days for me to figure out fitting sizes and thread types.

New tractor?? Is the dealer involved?

Have you disconnected and reconnected all the quick couplers?

Yes new tractor under warrenty. Here is the issue there. Kubota tractor. Ansung loader. Dealer I bought from is over 7.5 hours away. Local dealer is just kubota. No closer ansung dealers. With the amount of money I saved where I purchased it, I am still ahead of the game, but now I am finding out more why you should buy local. I may have saved over 4k on my whole package deal, but lok at the headache.

I have disconnected all quick couplers. Even switched loader up/down hoses with bucket dump/curl hoses. Noise stays with the same VALVE function. Also everything was switched over to new valve.

I am going to work on trying to get a guage on it. Sorry for the run around guys. Thanks for sticking with me. Give me a couple days to get all the pieces together. Any tips on a easy way to get the right sizes and thread type? I was told they look like jic fittings?

Ok, I was messing around again this morning and I have some new info I found out that may or may not mean much.

This sorta is along the same thing as when we switched the "tank" line and the "power beyond" line at the loader valve and the "clunk" noise went away, but then the 3pt didn't work.

Today, I was moving the 3pt hitch function up/down at the same time as the loader bucket function and when both functions were going at the same time, the loader function did not make "clunk" noise. So is the loader noise issue connected with the 3pt? Are the tractor hyd pump/relief pressures not set right?

Any way I am just adding more info just in case it helps us figure this out. I am still hunting down a pressure guage. Tractor supply doesn't have them and worth w smith doesn't have them. I can't find them online at napa. Any places anyone knows of?

/ Possible hydraulic issue on tractor? #29  
3000 PSI 2.5" LF LM GAUGE

As I said before, the 3pt will affect the loader valve.

There is no reason I can think of to use both valves at the same time .

If you use full lever on the loader, you will not have any 3pt operation.

I believe your hyd pump has two sections on it, one for steering and one for attachments.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 3000 pressuregauge 001.JPG
    3000 pressuregauge 001.JPG
    787.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 3000 psi guage.jpg
    3000 psi guage.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 69
Ok. I got a guage on it. It ain't pretty, but it gave me some readings. Guage is a 5000 psi and there was a small drip leak in one of the fittings to the guage. Here are the readings.

AT 800 RPM (Idle)
Neutral 0
lift boom 700
down boom 0
curl bucket 750 "clunk"
Dump bucket 100 then quickly to 0 "clunk"
Regen dump 2200
full relief 2300
3ph up 650
3ph down 0

AT 2200 RPM
neutral 200
lift boom 1000
down boom 200
curl bucket 1500 "clunk"
Dump bucket 200 "clunk"
Regen dump 2300
full relief 2300
3ph up 1000
3ph down 200

The pto and power steering have no effect on guage, even if power steering in in relief.

The rear remotes have nothing hooked in them, but when lever was moved either direction, guage went to 2300.

Power steering lines still pulsed, but made no sound yet, my tape job must be muffling that static noise. Still have to work tractor to full temp and see. Is it normal for power steering lines to pulse inside when steering wheel is in neutral? And why does the clunk noise disappear when pb and tanks lines were switched and disappears when loader and 3pt are worked at same time?