Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual?

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual? #1  

Forest_Man

Bronze Member
Tractor
B3200 HST
My neighbor is having trouble with his Kubota. No documentation nor series number for the tractor - side panels are gone and nameplate is hard to read. My neighbor has no online presence so I offered to dig some information up in the forms and hopefully he'll be able to fix the tractor: engine and transmission is fine, but no hydraulic response of any kind: the FEL bucket moves freely, so he suspects the hydraulics is empty.

Could someone verify this is indeed a Kubota L35 (my best guess) from the photos below? And where could I find the users manual and/or service manual for this tractor?

Thanks in advance!

20240511_165847.jpg

20240511_165901.jpg

20240511_165914.jpg
20240511_172049.jpg

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual?
Amazing! Thank you!

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual? #4  
Definitely an L35. There should be a dipstick in the rear housing, behind the seat, to measure the hydraulic fluid. The fluid in the transmission case supplies everything; steering, transmission, implements.

There are two pumps. The one on the right side of the engine supplies the steering and shifting. The other one is driven off the nose of the crankshaft and sits under the battery in your picture. It supplies the FEL, backhoe and 3ph.

Since the backhoe is removed, the hose supplying it should be connected to the line to the 3ph. Can you provide a picture of this area?

There is a valve that must be switched when the backhoe is removed for the 3ph to work. The Operator's Manual shows this.

Last edited:
Since the backhoe is removed, the hose supplying it should be connected to the line to the 3ph. Can you provide a picture of this area?
Okay, they had the two hoses left like this in the photo. I was wondering if one needed to plug the two hoses back together, as to close the loop or avoid leaking? I am not sure if what I am thinking makes sense. Could you explain how this works?

20240511_173651.jpg

There is a valve that must be switched when the backhoe is removed for the 3ph to work. The Operator's Manual shows this.
I have photos of the FEL control valve, because it was pretty wet right below it. I'll look at the manual for this valve. Is there a name for it?

20240511_165914.jpg

20240511_165921.jpg

20240511_165924.jpg

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual? #6  
You don't need to connect the hoses together just move that black lever to 3 point hitch from the backhoe position then take the hoses off and the backhoe off.....

You don't need to connect the hoses together just move that black lever to 3 point hitch from the backhoe position then take the hoses off and the backhoe off.....
Just out of curiosity: what would happen if I disconnect the backhoe and I were to turn the directional valve to backhoe mode? Would fluid then come out of the hoses?

I cannot tell from the picture if the valve is currently in backhoe or 3 point hitch mode, I need to doublecheck it.

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual? #8  
Just out of curiosity: what would happen if I disconnect the backhoe and I were to turn the directional valve to backhoe mode? Would fluid then come out of the hoses?

I cannot tell from the picture if the valve is currently in backhoe or 3 point hitch mode, I need to doublecheck it.
No because of the hose end fittings it will dead head the pump and open the pressure release valve .

No because of the hose end fittings it will dead head the pump and open the pressure release valve .
Understood. But is it bad or just no sending the hydraulic pressure to the correct system (3 PH x backhoe) ?

I suppose doing it by accident won't break anything?

/ Possibly L35 Kubota? And where to download Manual or Service Manual? #10  
If its bypassing its heating up the hyd oil. once probably wont hurt..