Posting picture problem

/ Posting picture problem #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
Not able to post pictures and getting message that file is too large for server. After resizing is still getting the same message. I see others posting pictures so what is up??

/ Posting picture problem #2  
So yeah, I see that too when I select cell phone pictures that are 3.5 megabits and larger. You will have to convert your pictures to jpeg. On my iPhone there is a choice to save pics as jpeg automatically.

/ Posting picture problem
They are shown as JPEG format and reduced file size to way small and still not posting

/ Posting picture problem #4  
It's meaningless to talk about photo size without knowing the file properties. Resizing doesn't necessarily change the size of the file and that's where folks get into problems. I use Irfanview to resize and convert photos. I've been using Irfanview since it's beginning--The mid 90s. I typically "resize" photos to 800x600 for displaying here.

/ Posting picture problem
I am using a Mac computer with pictures imported from iPhone and it has worked just fine except this message that file is too large for the server started to show up a few days ago

/ Posting picture problem #8  
Pic uploaded.
I attempted a 4.5MB upload and it failed. Uploaded a 1.5MB no problem. Both jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
   / Posting picture problem #9  
I've had trouble getting files resized small enough to upload for a while, but just posted a picture without any problem after following Tinhack's suggestion to resize to 800x600. I resized using XnView MP for Mac.

/ Posting picture problem #10  
Oops.

I raised the limit and it's now 10 megs. We might adjust it again later, but it should solve the immediate issue.

Attachments

• 2023-05-03 14.59.39.jpg
    2023-05-03 14.59.39.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54