Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #1  

390pi

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK2610 Gear
Looking through another thread about "5 extra HP" on an NX4510, I noticed the poster had a link for the Daedong/Kioti motors for 2015.

The 3A165 that is in the CK2610 now, although detuned to 24.5 hp, used to put out 34hp in 2015.

Check out the brochure in the link:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...70-5-extra-hp-kioti-engine-specs-2015-daedong

Seems like there is potential to increase hp on that motor.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #2  
Concur. With enough money and time, just about anything is possible. :)

Not exactly sure how to go about doing that though. On tractors before ECMs, you could manually adjust the fuel rate to get a bit more HP. In newer tractors....well...you almost have to be a programmer AND a mechanic.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #3  
390PI: You are in presumably hot, possibly high Nevada. I speculate an increase from 24.5 to ~~34 horsepower, an increase of 38%, would require a substantial increase in engine cooling capacity.

If you are at high altitude in Nevada a normally aspirated tractor is unlikely to increase in power as it would at lower altitudes.
Most here advising on new tractor purchases recommend a turbo equipped engine At 4,000' to 5,000' altitude and higher.

With enough money and time, just about anything is possible.

VIDEO: So you want to TRADE UP for a new Tractor? - TMT - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Potential power increase for CK2610?
My post was more of a commentary as to the amount of "detune" this motor currently has...

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #5  
Looking through another thread about "5 extra HP" on an NX4510, I noticed the poster had a link for the Daedong/Kioti motors for 2015.

The 3A165 that is in the CK2610 now, although detuned to 24.5 hp, used to put out 34hp in 2015.

Check out the brochure in the link:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...70-5-extra-hp-kioti-engine-specs-2015-daedong

Seems like there is potential to increase hp on that motor.

Even on the NX series, the same engine is in the 45, 50, 55 and 60 hp models. They adjust fuel, etc to make the difference in hp.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #6  
Even on the NX series, the same engine is in the 45, 50, 55 and 60 hp models. They adjust fuel, etc to make the difference in hp.

Mostly true. The higher rated variants have additional cooling capacity from what I've been able to discern through photos and such. Other than the cooling mechanisms, the only other differences are in the software.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #7  
The CK2610 is fully mechanical, no computer or software to mess with. I am sure it is possible to Turn up the power if you know what to adjust on the injection pump.

I think I have seen threads about it on here before but have yet to see anyone show PTO dyno numbers showing what is possible or how much extra you can get just giving it more fuel. It may be something to look into after my warranty is up. Until then it stays as it is.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #8  
Best tractor you can only tell from a 30 or 35hp stablemate at the PTO. Hydraulics are the same, so .. ?

Adding hp by rack or governor adjustment could be as simple as any.

Brush hog seems anachronistic to anyone. Get/use a flail mower instead of a BH and never miss the hp you didn't need for 95% of 5' implements.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #9  
Yup just need to turn up the fueling screw. The same motor that is in my 2014 tier 3 ck 35, great motor and it still has more power in it, barely see any black smoke at heavy load bet it could easily do 40hp. Funny how the tier 4 1.0L 1.39L and 1.65L are all turned down to 24hp to get under the 25hp emissions cap. I bet my radiator is the same size as yours as well.
Here is EA doing it to a turbo tractor, pretty much the same procedure on this engine. Just need to find a pto dyno. Turning Up the Fuel on a Diesel Turbo Charged Tractor New Holland TL-90 by Everything Attachments - YouTube

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #10  
Not my pic, someone posted this a couple of years ago.

C49C9A13-A256-41FD-9DEA-1A9C945E88EF.jpg