Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #21  
Anyone else tried this (warranty voiding) technique and care to share your experience? ;)

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #22  
Just copying something I posted in the Bobcat forum on a similar topic for people to consider.

If it could be determined if it was safe to dial the CT2025 engine back up to it's designed 35hp output (ie, they didn't change any engine components and the rest of the tractor drive line is up to the task) I think it would make the tractor quite a beast. I say this because they have geared CT2035 higher based on the top speeds and rpm specs so the CT2025 will pull harder as long as it has traction.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #23  
I would do it but not totally sure how to get the cap off that covers the screw. Any advice from those that have done it? I don't see any issue turning the power up, this engine is rated over 30 HP in other applications. The power difference will be in the IP similar to the early 12 valve Cummins.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #24  
Most of the ones I have seen are pried off. They can not be reused. Please be careful doing this! It can create expensive issues fast.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #25  
Has anyone removed it? Just the cap or does the whole sleeve come off?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #26  
Question about "The Screw"

Does the screw control fuel pressure? By changing tension on fuel pump pypass?

Or is this a needle valve changing flow rate?

I'm curious from a purely academic level.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #27  
The screw is simply a limiting screw.. it limits the amount of movement of the inj. pump control rack..
Backing the screw OUT allows the control rack to move further, thus increasing the amount of fuel..
There is a limit to how far it will move.. and that is controlled by the pumps internal stop..& nothing u can do about THAT..
U should never need to get that far tho.. A full turn or two out on the limiting screw will produce all the black smoke you’ll ever want.. lol

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #28  
Adjust the rack before you think a turbo is the answer. ;) More air alone gets at best a cleaner burn but more power takes more fuel. It's different between diesels and gas engines too, so easy to confuse the details. Anyway, I suggest if you're tweaking the rack limit and not blowing black smoke you haven't gone too far.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #29  
Thank you Sir.

I found a video that shows the injector pump operation. The Screw, topic of this discussion limits the track travel.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #30  
The video is for a Bosch type in-line pump.

I wouldn’t recommend casually turning screws in your pump. Run away engines aren’t fun, or inexpensive.