Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #81  
   / Potential power increase for CK2610? #82  
Yes, but it is "unavailable" on here......

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #83  
IMG_4145.JPG

Just checked online parts tool for the 35 and 40hp Bobcats that share the same engine. They have the same part numbers for fuel pump, shims, and cam shaft. Granted they list 2 each of two different shims which would for tuning during fabrication.

I have a hard time believing they would shim the 25hp engine different for detuning, the engine would be set for optimal timing in either case and control done via volume of fuel (governor). The injection timing is designed to be adjustable to allow for tolerances in manufacturing and wear on parts during the life of the engine. It can be played with to change engine performance, but as others have pointed out it can come with other side effects.

On old large marine engines with individual fuel pumps per cylinder, you would adjust shims under individual pumps to balance combustion pressures and exhaust temperatures so the engine would run more smoothly if some cylinders where getting weaker.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #84  
Apologies if the video doesnt the link to it is on this post in the Kioti Tuning FB group

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #85  
Well shoot. Another thing I'm limited from.... I dont have Facebook, so I can only see things that are open to the public.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #86  
Well shoot. Another thing I'm limited from.... I dont have Facebook, so I can only see things that are open to the public.
Anyone willing to re-share pertinent information?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #87  

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #89  
Hmm.... I think I'll wait till he does a follow up video. Lol. He said something about waiting to see a little smoke... I never saw any, making me think maybe he leaned it out too much? I dunno. But it's conflicting with the other comments about injector pump shims...

Oh well. I still have another year or so on my warranty anyways. Not cutting off that cap till then. I'd be fine with removing or adding a shim though. Easy to undo if I have a warranty issue.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #90  
He went the correct direction but until he has a load on it he has no idea where he is. The best way to do it would be on a PTO dynamometer and load the engine and read the increase.

Also I would not just go two turns or more like him. I would do it in 1/4 to 1/2 turn increments until I got the desired results.