Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #91  
He went the correct direction but until he has a load on it he has no idea where he is. The best way to do it would be on a PTO dynamometer and load the engine and read the increase.

Also I would not just go two turns or more like him. I would do it in 1/4 to 1/2 turn increments until I got the desired results.

That's exactly what I thought. 1/4 to 1/2 turns to start... with anything unless it's like a fresh rebuild or part.... then it's usually in all the way and out "X" amount to start....

But I dont do LS swaps. Lol. Kidding. Some impressive stuff he's got going on.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #92  
He went the correct direction but until he has a load on it he has no idea where he is. The best way to do it would be on a PTO dynamometer and load the engine and read the increase.

Also I would not just go two turns or more like him. I would do it in 1/4 to 1/2 turn increments until I got the desired results.

Yeah but then you need to find someone with a PTO Dyno. I wouldn't even know where to look for someone who had one.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #93  
Yeah but then you need to find someone with a PTO Dyno. I wouldn't even know where to look for someone who had one.
Most larger tractor dealers have them. Some independent tractor repair shops do too. Some are even mobile and will bring it to you for a additional fee.

But still, you need to load the engine with something. You can not tell anything by the way the guy in the video did it.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #94  
Interesting. I'll have to call around to some shops and see if they have one.

I've watched the part in his video at 3:57 where he tries to explain how the sleeve is attached about 10 times and I still can't understand what the relationship between the sleeve and the jam nut inside it.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #95  
Interesting. I'll have to call around to some shops and see if they have one.

I've watched the part in his video at 3:57 where he tries to explain how the sleeve is attached about 10 times and I still can't understand what the relationship between the sleeve and the jam nut inside it.

I don't believe the sleeve has any relation to the jam nut.

Seems the sleeve is just slipped or pressed over it all and crimped in the front so it stays on and can't be adjusted without a dealer noticing.

It's just a cap. Not sure what he's saying either. Lol.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #96  
I am trying to compare engine, cooling, etc details between the ck2610, and the previous models that this thread mentions had the exact same engine, such as the CK35, to gauge how comfortable I am bumping up the power. I have the service manual for the ck2610, need confirmation of what other models had the 3a165

ck2610 hst (mine is 2021; presumably this is the same across years?) is
engine model 3a165
engine family MDCLL01,6d87
displacement 1.647L

can anyone positively ID the CK35 or similar as sharing the 3a165 1.647L engine?

EPA sticker is on the top of the valve cover (eg ~very top of engine)
PXL_20220428_164727798.jpg

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #97  
My CX2510. Clearly I don't wash my tractor. :p

PXL_20220428_190918559.PORTRAIT.jpg

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #98  
Thanks - I'm looking for confirmation of models with MORE horsepower but the same #3a165 1.647 L engine - eg the pre-ck10 series like the ck35 (so i hear).

with a known 3a165 model of higher output, i can compare the parts diagrs to see what (if anything) is different to tollerate the higher power.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #100  
So I guess the next question is whether of not they share the same sized radiator and coolant volume.