Poulan BP 655

/ Poulan BP 655 #1  

Snobdds

Elite Member
Tractor
MF gc1710, Cat 305C
@xyz123

Since you are the poulan expert. I just picked up this Poulan Pro 655 with the Boost Port. The guy I bought it from did not think it was a boost port model, but I sent the pictures to a friend and he confirmed the BP. Anyways...I have some questions for you.

I need to know if the Echo fuel line fits Polan stuff, or does Poulan use a funky size? I guess this will also let me know if I need a small ID fuel filter or the larger ID fuel filter found on Stihls.

What mount does poulan run, does it match closer to Stihl or Husqvarna?

Who has the best part stashes for Poulan? I know this saw is basically a Pioneer P65, so do you know of any Pioneer stashes around. I need an air filter and a hand guard. Other than that, I it's in good shape.

Pics for reference.

848834-e2890c9231900302161cebee68c8faef.jpg

848835-9aa048847e91084436e2a20ffd4fc776.data

/ Poulan BP 655 #2  
I just seen this. No tag reached me. I dont do the pioneer made poulans myself.

I do know I have passed on many of those and they do have a cult like following.

Big old heavy beast.

I did just sell a NOS BP topend for one though.

p655nos.jpg
p655noss.jpg
p655pbp.jpg

/ Poulan BP 655
I just seen this. No tag reached me. I dont do the pioneer made poulans myself.

I do know I have passed on many of those and they do have a cult like following.

Big old heavy beast.

I did just sell a NOS BP topend for one though.

View attachment 865182View attachment 865183View attachment 865184

It all good.

I did use some 3mm tygon for the fuel lines and that dictated I use the small fuel filters. I was able to find a NOS air filter that must have been plated in gold for the price it was. Luckily the fuel cap and the air vent in the cap was good and released vacuum. I found a NOS pioneer bar on evil bay, and again, it must have gold in it.

Other than that she's a runner. This summer I have some giant Old growth Edelman Spruce at the cabin that is 8 ft in diameter, and it will get a work out...along with all the other 100+ cc saws I own.