power tool recommendation

/ power tool recommendation #11  
Don't listen to this guy.

Honda makes several levels of engines, GX engines will last pretty much forever. My pressure washer is 12 years old now and I use it pretty extensively, the pump is almost worn out but the GX engine still starts first pull. I just bought a GX trash pump I believe from the 70s that was very abused, new rings and a clean carb now she also cranks first pull and I run it about 1,500 gallons a week for animal and garden water from my pond.
The engine is great. Still starts right up

It was the cheap pump that was junk

/ power tool recommendation
Don't listen to this guy.

Honda makes several levels of engines, GX engines will last pretty much forever. My pressure washer is 12 years old now and I use it pretty extensively, the pump is almost worn out but the GX engine still starts first pull. I just bought a GX trash pump I believe from the 70s that was very abused, new rings and a clean carb now she also cranks first pull and I run it about 1,500 gallons a week for animal and garden water from my pond.
Whatever was made 12 yrs ago is prob 10-15 x's more reliable and robust than anything made today. Mine was a craftsman 2800psi and it worked very well. Just had to make sure it had the proper amt of oil in it....

Any yes, I ALWAYS crank on the water, purge out all the air via the wand, once a steady stream, I cranked it. The water going thru is like it's radiator to keep it from over heating...

Last edited:
   / power tool recommendation #14  
Also make sure the hose is flushed out and clean before you hook it up to the pressure washer. Expensive lesson learned due to my hired help getting dirt in the hoses when relocating pump on job site. Just a tiny bit of sand will ruin the pump assembly. I now have a bowl type screen filter on the unit to keep the sand out. Learned from a rental place to install the screen unit. Seems its a somewhat common problem for them.

/ power tool recommendation #15  
I have a Honda unit in my barn. Pump died but the motor still runs. It was only a year or 2 old when it died. Relief valve died and couldn't order a new one. It seized up and would over pressurize and stall the motor
I thought Honda didnt make pressure washers. seems like the closest thing to one is everyone elses brand pumps with Honda power.
Whats Honda'S model number on yours?

/ power tool recommendation #16  
I thought Honda didnt make pressure washers. seems like the closest thing to one is everyone elses brand pumps with Honda power.

Not sure. I thru away everything but the motor a few years ago

/ power tool recommendation #17  
craigslist. any karcher pressure washers with a honda engine. for long life.... non ethanol gas and end of year flush pump with something like

STA-BIL Pump Protector.

/ power tool recommendation #18  
what do you guys think about this one ? it has over 4000 reviews and majority are 5, then 4...reasonably priced. The engine is make by Kohler, which are good engines...

The specs look good. I could not see the carb good enough to determine if it has a fuel shut off. I like this feature on a unit because we use the unit today and a year later we have use for it again. I turn the fuel off and let the unit run until it cuts itself off because of the lack of fuel. It is much easier to just tilt the unit over and pour stale gas out of the tank and not have to also remove and clean the carb.

Another feature the unit says it has is the use of “Chemicals And Detergents.” Most specify the use of pressure washer soap detergents only. It would be interesting to see exactly what chemical they are talking about.

/ power tool recommendation #19  
I have a unit with a Honda engine. It's over 24 years old. Doesn't make the pressure that it did when new. But more than sufficient for cleaning anything I have. I would be very wary of all these new plastic units. They come with built in - engineered obsolescence.

/ power tool recommendation #20  
Honda makes pressure washers for sale in Japan. Honda America does not offer the units for sale in the US. In the US we have Honda Powered pressure washers made by different manufacturers.