Practice Ammo, not handloaded

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded
I got the Fiocchi 9mm FMJ for $8.99/50.

The biggest differences were for the 9mm and 380ACP Hornady Critical Defense.

Has anybody used the Winchester Forged?

I also buy CCI for 22LR. Used to load pistol with Stingers, 32 grain, 1640fps by spec, until I saw a gel test. Apparently it doesn't get enough velocity from a short barrel to expand and the bullets went all the way thru the gel. Can you say overpenetration. I have emailed Speer to ask if they intend to make a Gold Dot Short Barrel defense round for 22LR. Got a nice email back saying they didn't intend to produce any. I think they could charge a premium price for a LR with the 22-magnum Gold Dot hollow point bullet if they marketed it as a self defense round.

RSKY

Last edited:
   / Practice Ammo, not handloaded #12  
Lucky you, I can't get mail ordered ammo, my wondorous state has prohibited it.
I do like the Fiocchi Ammo I'm getting down I'll have to go visiting across state lines and procure a bit more.

Seems like in NY maybe you should just get a sling shot, and buy a supply of ball bearings.

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded #13  
   / Practice Ammo, not handloaded #14  
Generally speaking, the cheapest I can find in brass casings for pistol and rifle (both pistol and rifle should be able to cycle everything if at least semi auto). In some 5.56 nato caliber rifles, I'll shoot steel casing all the time. The reality is any AK should be able to shoot any type ofcased ammo, steel or brass LOL

I generally order all my mil surplus plinking ammo online from a multitude of online ammo distributors.

That said, I have found that sometimes cheap Eastern European ammo manufacturers can be under charged per their powder charge and velocity. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Lucky you, I can't get mail ordered ammo, my wondorous state has prohibited it.

I lived there. I don't anymore. I suggest you do the same.

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded #17  
Interesting, I had not heard that.
Thanks

The issue is too many suppliers have so many problems trying to figure out the "zip code laws" that they just say, "if you're located in ********, we will not ship to you".

The reality is trying to deal with "local" state laws pertaining to ammo or guns just aint worth it to many suppliers.
Try reading the laws on what and where things can be shipped and ask yourself this question... who do you trust to follow a bunch of confusing state laws? It's just easier to cover your butt and say "we're not shipping there".

You have to remember, anyone vendor refuse a sale if they wish, just as long as thier decision is not based on racism.

Then again, perhaps if you're a member of the LGBT organization and are a minority, perhaps you have a leg to stand on.

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded #18  
The issue is too many suppliers have so many problems trying to figure out the "zip code laws" that they just say, "if you're located in ********, we will not ship to you".

The reality is trying to deal with "local" state laws pertaining to ammo or guns just aint worth it to many suppliers.
Try reading the laws on what and where things can be shipped and ask yourself this question... who do you trust to follow a bunch of confusing state laws? It's just easier to cover your butt and say "we're not shipping there".

You have to remember, anyone vendor refuse a sale if they wish, just as long as thier decision is not based on racism.

Then again, perhaps if you're a member of the LGBT organization and are a minority, perhaps you have a leg to stand on.

The "patchwork quilt" of gun laws in our country is insane. The fact that local government can even make gun law is ...insane.

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded #19  
The "patchwork quilt" of gun laws in our country is insane. The fact that local government can even make gun law is ...insane.
many States do forbid that though, I know Florida is one that forbids local gun laws!.. only State law applies there!.. I'm not sure, but I think Georgia forbids local gun laws too, I know there is a County there that REQUIRES you to own a gun!..

/ Practice Ammo, not handloaded #20  
If a zip code line goes across the street, you could get ammo shipped to your address but your across the street neighbor could not. What makes him less trustworthy than you? Insane. Do the people of the 5 boroughs have less 2nd amendment rights than other New Yorker's? Ok.. fine..I give up.