prep work to silver solder braze loader hydraulic line

/ prep work to silver solder braze loader hydraulic line #41  
I imagine that the patch is just plain mild steel. If this is so then a coat of paint will help prevent rust. However, paint might not be necessary. If the patch leaks a little hydraulic oil then you can just smear some on the patch from time to time to prevent rust. Darn it, comedy just doesn't translate very well to the written word if the person writing the comedy isn't good at it. Anyway, a little spray paint won't hurt. Can you please post a picture of your reworked brazing? I'm sure your work, if good, will inspire others to do the same.
Eric

/ prep work to silver solder braze loader hydraulic line
Don't know whether a new photo will help show much because the repair is under the clamp that holds the tube to the loader frame. Whether the repair is a success depends on whether the leak is stopped.

The inspirational message I have for others is to read the advice I received here before trying this repair.

There must have been some kind of protective coating on the loader tube that has worn off in places where I see some rust forming. That's what made me wonder if there's something like a clear coat on the rest of the tubing.

/ prep work to silver solder braze loader hydraulic line #43  
Don't know whether a new photo will help show much because the repair is under the clamp that holds the tube to the loader frame. Whether the repair is a success depends on whether the leak is stopped.

The inspirational message I have for others is to read the advice I received here before trying this repair.

There must have been some kind of protective coating on the loader tube that has worn off in places where I see some rust forming. That's what made me wonder if there's something like a clear coat on the rest of the tubing.
There just may be a clear coat on the tubing. If you see rust then you should at least use some spray paint on your patch to prevent rusting. Also I say good on you for doing this repair yourself. I think that learning a new skill is always a good thing. Learning how to silver braze is definitely a good skill to have. All sorts of repairs can be done with silver brazing. I hope some of the advice I posted helped. If it didn't then it's not a big deal because it only took me a few minutes to type it. But if it did help then maybe you will use it again. And even better maybe you will pass it along.
Eric

I am grateful for your help.

Relieved to report no leaks after running the machine for a few hours.