Pressure washer

/ Pressure washer #21  
I have an older hot water washer, diesel fired w/ 2 electric motors. I use it for both equipment and whatever else, usually just with cold water but hot water for heavy grease. Quite heavy, I move it from place to place using my Tommy Gate truck lift. With 200 ft of hose, I can wash houses, etc. Also have a smaller Craftsmen gas powered washer. It was ok but not the same as the other one.

/ Pressure washer #22  
I own a Ryobi Electric Washer. I replaced a 3000 PSI gas engine washer that I used for 10 years for everything including stripping off pine bark off of trees. I would say that if you have owned a tractor for a while and know where not to put pressure (like a good massage therapist) you are pretty safe. It is when you turn that process over to someone who may have offered to clean up the tractor and they don't know about those magic places to avoid that you could end up with an issue eventually. BTW - thanks for the tip on the foam cannon. Looking for one to purchase right now.

/ Pressure washer #23  
I have a 1,800 psi/1.2 gpm electric that I use for "dusting off", and a 3,000 psi/2.5 gpm gas that I use for deep cleaning. Each has their place, and I only use the turbo-rotary nozzles - they are great. I don't spray directly at seals, hoses, wiring, or insulation. Also use the gas unit for sandblasting, which the electric unit can't do. Consumer grade electric pressure washers will always have a low gpm flow rate. And btw, 1 HP = 1 HP whether it's gas, diesel, or electric. There is no biased equivalency.

/ Pressure washer #24  
I have an older hot water washer, diesel fired w/ 2 electric motors. I use it for both equipment and whatever else, usually just with cold water but hot water for heavy grease. Quite heavy, I move it from place to place using my Tommy Gate truck lift. With 200 ft of hose, I can wash houses, etc. Also have a smaller Craftsmen gas powered washer. It was ok but not the same as the other one.
That sounds like one serious pressure washer. I use a Mi-T-M 1003 which is about 1000 PSI, hot water and soap suction at the shop. For cold water washing anywhere there is water, this tractor powered, 3 point mounted pressure washer is pretty handy.

Attachments

• Phone Pics 021.jpg
    Phone Pics 021.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
   / Pressure washer #25  
Anyone use a electric pressure washer for cleaning equipment?
I don’t want another motor to maintain for the occasional need to wash tractor, equipment, truck, etc? Nothing heavy to clean, just greasy tractor & equipment parts.

Any recommended brands to purchase or avoid?
yes and for the same reason. got mine at NorthernTool. Still works after 8 +/- years.

Last edited:
   / Pressure washer #26  
I have been using a Greenworks 2300psi pressure washer for the past few years. It works fine for my use. Plus it's much simpler and easier to operate.

/ Pressure washer #27  
I bought a Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, 4 yrs ago for $125 on Amazon and it has worked well for me.

/ Pressure washer #28  
Have an electric 2,000psi unit that says snapon on the front, really more trouble than it's worth for small jobs.

I purchased a 20v DeWalt washer about 500psi only needs water hose. Also comes with a siphon hose you can drop into 5gal bucket.
Heavier than a PW spray nozzle since your holding motor & battery too. Like it for being quick and easy to use.

/ Pressure washer #29  
I bought a Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, 4 yrs ago for $125 on Amazon and it has worked well for me.
I too have a Sun Joe. Don’t recall the model. Had another model purchased off Amazon. After couple uses had a piece fail. Learned could not get parts. No one to even contact. Fortunately Amazon allowed return. Did a little more research and found Sun Joe. Had a functioning customer service and parts department. Has been a good unto so far. Hasn’t needed any repairs. Would recommend it.

/ Pressure washer #30  
The shop is plumbed in, outside controls, have one in an insulated truck body too.

Attachments

• steamer full shot.JPG
    steamer full shot.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • steamer hose new.JPG
    steamer hose new.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Steamer door.JPG
    Steamer door.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 58