Prices of new pickup trucks.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #12  
Like I said, we are just not seeing that kind of thing here in Toronto. Pickups are still in the 30 K range for a nicely equipped truck.

I actually had no intention of buying a (new to me) truck because the prices had gone so high, but last week I bought a 2015 Ford F150 crew cab that has everything I'd ever want, plus some when I was surprised to see that the original window sticker from last year was only $42k and it was a demo to which they had added the Line-X spray in bed liner. It had 10k miles on the clock, but sure looked new except for a little tire wear, and was priced at $32k. I expect it to be the last vehicle I ever buy, but of course I know my expectations don't always hold true.:laughing:

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #13  
Just last week, I saw an add in the newspaper for a "used" F350 crew cab, asking price $48,500 and the truck had high miles on it!

mark

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #14  
I heard on the news within the past few days that auto loan totals have now surpassed one trillion dollars. It may well be next.

I heard the words "sub-prime" and "toxic" mentioned on the radio in reference to auto loans on the radio the other day.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #15  
I heard the words "sub-prime" and "toxic" mentioned on the radio in reference to auto loans on the radio the other day.

Well, just like the home melt down.. They are putting people in these new vehicles that just can't afford them..
Sad part is.. the people signing on the line should know they can't afford it

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #16  
I actually had no intention of buying a (new to me) truck because the prices had gone so high, but last week I bought a 2015 Ford F150 crew cab that has everything I'd ever want, plus some when I was surprised to see that the original window sticker from last year was only $42k and it was a demo to which they had added the Line-X spray in bed liner. It had 10k miles on the clock, but sure looked new except for a little tire wear, and was priced at $32k. I expect it to be the last vehicle I ever buy, but of course I know my expectations don't always hold true.:laughing:

Shellie and I bought a new 2014 F150 FX4 crew with ecoboost last year. I nearly grabbed my chest when I saw the prices of new trucks. My previous new truck I bought right after college, a '89 Chevy K2500 regular cab, for a whooping $13,000.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #17  
I just bought a 2000 Chevy 1500 with 219,000 miles for $1500, and thought I got a deal. The prices of used vehicles are also ridiculous.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #18  
I just bought a 2000 Chevy 1500 with 219,000 miles for $1500, and thought I got a deal. The prices of used vehicles are also ridiculous.
I think that you did get a good deal ! Merry Christmas

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #19  
Cash for clunkers ruined the used market!

mark

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #20  
In 1975 I was making a $1.65 an hour... the minimum wage here is now $12.55 an hour.

A friend bought a new Ford F150 XL reg cab down Salinas way under 30k... it's a farming area...

The minute you add 4wd and/or super or crew the price jumps.

The 1970 C10 I owned with 350 V8 with auto... no power steering, radio, etc... it had COIL rear springs and really couldn't carry much or tow much... traded if for a used 1974 C10 with 350V8, A/C, auto and power steering and rear leaf springs... what a difference... everything was better EXCEPT it didn't have the power of my 1970...

Next was a 1978 Ford F100 with 4WD and it was gutless... had to go into low range to pull the trailer up my driveway... also wandered a lot going down the road...

Next was a 1991 Silverado with a 350V8 and it has been a great truck and still have it!!!

I've never paid more than $3,000 for a pickup... all have been used... did pay $7500 for my G20 Van in 1990 when it was 5 years old and still have this one too...