PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #41  
I've seen them suck a piece of foam in the intake and stop up one of the valves on two occasions. I'm guessing it happened at the factory. Just a thought...

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #42  
Today I had 17 tons of gravel delivered to add to my driveway. I was a little worried using the tractor to do it but figured what the ****, what else am I going to use.

ッ \_(ツ)_/ ッ
She goes, she goes. She blows, she blows. What the ****, right?

Well, the vibration and weirdness was obviously apparent at the beginning even after warming up to operating temp. It sounded odd so much so that my fiancee's father, who has been around heavy machinery before came over and asked me if it was supposed to sound like that. I hadn't mentioned my concern about it to him prior.

I thought it seemed like a miss or something. Like an injector needed bled or whatever. I am not new to things mechanical by any means, even diesels. The engine was acting like my 6.2L DD did in my M1008 truck before I replaced my injectors and rebuilt the DB2 with new seals. Either way, I just ignored it and went to moving the stone.

After I moved and spread the initial pile of gravel over the span of 45 minutes, I idled down and let it run. I always let my engines run to cool off before shutting down. I noticed that it sounded different than before I started. It actually sounded like it was running perfectly again. It wasn't vibrating or resonating like it was before. The grainy feeling of the steering and loader control also stopped. My airbox wasn't violently thrashing about like before (I swear, guys, the video I posted doesn't really illustrate how bad it was). Even my throttle lever only vibrated a half inch or so either way. Before it was buzzing a lot more.

It's really weird. I wonder if maybe it just needed worked a bit or if it needed to pass some air through the fuel system or something. I didn't run the first tank of fuel out (maybe 1/3 tank left based on what I could see) but I did fill it with road diesel the day I noticed the weirdness happening. It initially had a full tank of red off road diesel from the dealership when I got it.

I am still breaking the engine in, obviously. Maybe this chaos is part of that. -But, for it to go from running super smooth on day one, to running strangely, to running smooth again, seems pretty odd to me.

It certainly is a whole lot of fun to operate. I love it.
I appreciate the help and insight from each of you!

View attachment 574464View attachment 574465

As I stated before sometimes mine shakes more than yours (what I saw in video) . I moved 36, 18 yard truck loads of dirt, gravel and sand...no problem. To me its one of two things that may cause this - drive shaft balance, or injectors. I once had them replace the drive shaft and vibration was gone for about 20 hours-now its back again. I got dealer, Agco representative involved before I could at least get it looked at. It did vibrate more so than the tractors on the lot.
I just operate it and not worry about it anymore.....5 years and 200 hours later still going strong.......

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #43  
This has been a long thread and I'm not 100% sure what all has been said but looking at your original video , that just does not look like anything abnormal to me. The MAIN source of concern to date in my opinion is that you say it changes drastically from one moment to the next without any great change in loading. If that is the case, there is clearly something not right, and being a new tractor, for heavens sake insist on dealer attention to it. You'll have to be able to illustrate the problem of course.

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #44  
Hey there,

I'm quite new and recently posted a thread about my new tractor. I'm tossing this one up with the hope of getting some insight on what I should do about an issue I'm having.

I just took ownership of this tractor about 10 days ago. Only ran it around the yard, idled it a little bit, learned the backhoe controls and just familiarized myself with it.

The weather had been bad for a few days and today I was finally able to try and mow my 4 acres with it. My land is basically flat and grassy.

Everything was going great at first. It was smooth and went through the field-cutting like it wasn't even trying. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. I wasn't cutting fast at all or really taxing the tractor.

About an acre in, I noticed that it was maybe a little weaker and felt different. I could hear the HST a little more, or maybe I was just noticed it more once it seemed to begin acting up. I stopped and let it idle a bit. I noticed that there was quite strong vibrations being transmitted through the whole tractor. My PTO was disengaged and I was on smooth concrete.

I opened the hood to take a look and the engine was vibrating a lot-more than it did before. It is very strange. The engine was barely operating at the first line on the temp gauge.

The vibrations happen at all RPMs. I will share a video to show what I mean.

I am feeling a little sick to my stomach and heart-broken about this tractor, now. I haven't even made my first payment yet :( I plan to call the dealership in the morning. I don't really know what they will do for me- probably charge me a fee to come get it for nothing.

The engine was sooooo smooth before. I remember specifically being very impressed with how a 3cyl diesel could idle so smoothly. Something is definitely wrong. Could it be a miss? Have there been any reports of issues like this?
I think there may be a piece of foam stuck in your intake manifold. So far I have seen to come from the factory like this.

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #45  
I think there may be a piece of foam stuck in your intake manifold. So far I have seen to come from the factory like this.

Could you rephrase that sentence please ?

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #46  
Could you rephrase that sentence please ?

He's saying he's seen two come from the factory with foam stuck in the intake manifold. Look there for foam.

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #47  
   / PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #48  
Was it foam from an air filter or some bit of foam left from the lost foam casting of the intake manifold?? I had an outboard once that had
a bit of foam block the cooling passage to the ECM and we figured it was a bit left from the casting.

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #49  
Was it foam from an air filter or some bit of foam left from the lost foam casting of the intake manifold?? I had an outboard once that had
a bit of foam block the cooling passage to the ECM and we figured it was a bit left from the casting.

It's foam from Duck Dynasty! Gramps found it looking for his squirrel skinner....:)

/ PROBLEM HELP! 2018 GC1720 only 6 hours and developed a strong vibration #50  
It usually looks like this even though his is still attached so we're the last two that I saw. 1543854585385.jpeg