Grading Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #31  
I read Ron's bio. Seems like he has done everything except admit his mistake. Just because you call something "see through" doesn't make it hard to see. Safe driving takes concentration, not excuses and denial. I fear he is doomed to repeat his driving mistakes. Trolling TBN has not made the world a safer place.
I thought that his reasoning of "Having the trailer lights 2' in from the back of the trailer can confuse/mislead people into thinking that they are further from the back from the trailer than they are" was funny, you SHOULD NOT be close enough to a trailer while driving that 2' will make a difference between hitting the trailer and stopping before it. His reasoning that "if you cant see the trailer lights when you are 5' from the trailer there is a problem" is also flawed, if you are 5' from a trailer you both had better be stopped (or pretty close to it) and you should have ALREADY seen the trailer lights.

All in all, his webpage (Dangerous Trailers.org if you missed it) has the appearance of being run by someone who isn't quite all there and the "Hall of Shame", come on, some of those trailers were illegal, but notes for the pictures explaining what you see as illegal would be good, and some of them were legal (ok, by NY standards) like the manlift from Home Depot, in NY such a trailer is not required to be inspected or plated as long as it weighs less than 3000#. cement mixers and air compressors (the kind that are their own trailer) also get that exemption.

Aaron Z

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #32  
It is likely that Mr. Melancon was strying to draw attention to his site.

Chris

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #33  
I don't get him. He rear-ended someone's trailer and thinks it's the trailers fault?

Ohh please... I bet he also thinks it's the gun that kills people.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #34  
If you look on his website, got to the 2009 crashes page. Look at the top. That is a 300lb utility trailer. Could hardly do any damage to that car, let alone that much damage.

Kyle

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #35  
I read Ron's bio. Seems like he has done everything except admit his mistake. Just because you call something "see through" doesn't make it hard to see. Safe driving takes concentration, not excuses and denial. I fear he is doomed to repeat his driving mistakes. Trolling TBN has not made the world a safer place.
did you read his BIO on his site?

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #36  
LOL, looks like we all gotten a good chuckle out of this one, I know I am. :p

Now on the serious,kidding side, maybe firefighter can come over to my house and weld on a flat bar for a pin connection for small trailer and trailer ball for a case of free beer. :D

C'mon now - what's the saying? Give the starving man a fish, feed him for the day, teach him fish, yada, yada.

I wish I knew someone who welded - have a welder (hand-me down cheapie) - have yet to get the helmet, gloves, apron, etc. cause I'm sure I'll be so bad at it it will be a waste - even with all the good advice on this site

:D

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
C'mon now - what's the saying? Give the starving man a fish, feed him for the day, teach him fish, yada, yada.

I wish I knew someone who welded - have a welder (hand-me down cheapie) - have yet to get the helmet, gloves, apron, etc. cause I'm sure I'll be so bad at it it will be a waste - even with all the good advice on this site

:D

Grab yourself some cold ones and hit the garage, fire up that welder and have fun.... Go to the junk yard and grab some scap so you don't waste good metal...

Aprons are for wussies....Your not a welder till you get sparks down the hole in your jeans or the back of your shirt..:D

Trust me when I say..after you've mastered, heck even gotten slightly good, you'll want to weld everything!!!! Alwell as save a fortune on "bolting" crap together when a simple tack weld will do...

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #38  
Grab yourself some cold ones and hit the garage, fire up that welder and have fun.... Go to the junk yard and grab some scap so you don't waste good metal...

Aprons are for wussies....Your not a welder till you get sparks down the hole in your jeans or the back of your shirt..:D

Trust me when I say..after you've mastered, heck even gotten slightly good, you'll want to weld everything!!!! Alwell as save a fortune on "bolting" crap together when a simple tack weld will do...

See! peer pressure, bad influence, all of ya!

I was a content, slow witted, suburbanite till I bought a tractor and found this place. Now I have extreme power tools (with barely any skill to use), an 18 foot trailer, 2 big trucks (actually already had them), a welder, and am now gun shopping. A list of projects (many started and stalled) I would never have dreamed of two years ago. And I have this extreme self-reliance compunction and need to aquire some serious acreage. Jeesh!

FFK - I know what you say is true - I already want to weld everything - have already started designing my first (very basic) welding project. But at the rate I'm going - gonna have to quit my job to make time - but then can't buy the toys, um, tools....

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #39  
I think that's a great idea with the ball on the rear blade. I did it too, except that I just bolted the whole ballmount on the the rear blade carrier. I had the same experience as you, rigged up a whole separate 3PH trailer hitch, but didn't want to have to change attachments just to move a trailer around the yard. I haven't used the other hitch setup since I put the ball on the rear blade. I appreciate the safety police's concerns about safety chains, but that would defeat the handiness of grabbing the trailer and going, from the seat of the tractor. We're just talking about moving things around the yard.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
Look ma, NO Chains.

we all know who these pictures are for:D

Taken just before I hit the freeway!:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    826.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 103.jpg
    Picture 103.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 154