Grading Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #41  
It is people like you who modify equipment that has caused since 2003 2,139 deaths, over 120,000 injuries and 6 police officer, 2 fireman and 1 FBI agent to loose their lives due to trailers just comming off hitches.

Want more??? since 1988 449,000 have been injured by passenger cars that tow these unregulated trailers. My trailer is Regulated:D

Ask your self this question... would anybody in this forum would want to drive behind this trailer? :eek::D They said yes

Yes Ron Decaf please....

As a firefighter AND a Physician Assistant in emergency medicine, and before that I've worked on oil tankers, oil rigs and marine construction, some of the most dangerous fields to be in.

I know dangerous situations, as, I see them daily in the fire service, and this isn't even close. And If I were to haul the trailer up the street behind my tractor, at 5 MPH NOT much would happen if it did come uncoupled.

Find another soap box to stand on. :rolleyes:

Well Mr Saftey, nothing will happen id you got them saftye chains hooked properly.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #42  
When you get a moment please go to Dangerous Trailers.org.

It is people like you who modify equipment that has caused since 2003 2,139 deaths, over 120,000 injuries and 6 police officer, 2 fireman and 1 FBI agent to loose their lives due to trailers just comming off hitches.

Want more??? since 1988 449,000 have been injured by passenger cars that tow these unregulated trailers.

Ask your self this question... would anybody in this forum would want to drive behind this trailer?

If not... then this set up is an accident waiting to happen.

We have 3 familes in this country that do not know who killed their loved one because the trailer came off the hitch and they did not stop.

I went to his site and read. Yes there are a lot of tragedies cause by stupid people.
He fits the mold for several reasons.
Number one and foremost in my mind, he rear ended a trailer. shoulda been paying better attention to his driving. My opinion, I don't care what his story says.
Number two, he really needs to engage his brain before he opens his mouth condemning a person doing what the OP did for the OP's purposes.

Just a thought along these same lines.
My company requires that we place an orange traffic cone behind our vehicles when we work in traffic. Why we asked. So no one will hit your truck.
Well, if they can's see our 17+ thousand pound line truck, what makes you think they will see that little 18" orange cone?

100 square inches of reflector huh. That's 10 by 10 inches.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #43  
he's got a link on there for .....you ready....."dangerous parade float trailers":D:D:D:D OG are you kidding me? hahahahahRofl

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #44  
FFK, If you are going to hit the highway with you tractor towing your trailer.............I'm not concerned about you not having safety chains, but I'm going to insist you put that ROPS up. Never know when you might get rearended by an inattentive driver sending you butt-over-tea-kettle.:eek::eek:

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #45  
did you read his BIO on his site?
Yes. In his "Story" he explains how he drove into the back of a trailer in broad daylight. The trailer had one of those tailgate ramps that fold up to eye level. To prove his point he posted a picture of what a driver sees if he is "FIVE FEET" behind it. In the picture the ramp is in your face and only one brake light is visible. He feels that this clearly shows the menace that he fell victim to in his "accident".
He went to "traffic school" in lieu of paying a fine.
My take on this follows; He then created his site to vindicate himself amongst a sea of unrelated trailer mayhem. This guy should ride the bus.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
FFK, If you are going to hit the highway with you tractor towing your trailer.............I'm not concerned about you not having safety chains, but I'm going to insist you put that ROPS up. Never know when you might get rearended by an inattentive driver sending you butt-over-tea-kettle.:eek::eek:

GOT it ROPS UP. Good safety point!

That gives me an idea.... (here we go) Anybody got hydraulic folding rops? Ok so who is going to start that project?:D

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #47  
This guy is clearly a crusader looking for a crusade, but he picked the most off beat ones I've ever seen. All because he wasn't paying attention while driving.

So I have just one thing to say to him...........MOVE ON! Jeez.

By the FFK nice job on the improv tow hitch! Just wish my welding skills were that good. :D

By the FFK nice job on the improv tow hitch! Just wish my welding skills were that good. :D[/quote]

Practice makes perfect...Get a welder and all your friends will want stuff to be fixed...ie Practice.

Save the skills for your stuff.:D

Kidding of course

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #49  
GOT it ROPS UP. Good safety point!

That gives me an idea.... (here we go) Anybody got hydraulic folding rops? Ok so who is going to start that project?:D

I think this is clearly an application for linear actuators...:D

Maybe wire 'em into the ignition switch.

I think this is clearly an application for linear actuators...:D

Maybe wire 'em into the ignition switch.

I might investigate this more come the summer. There is little play in the rops hinge so a single piston might work..., 2 would be better.

not to the ignition,,, might need to rops up / down when going in /out garage or under branches..Definately needs its own valve.

That coupled with a self leveling sunshade just incase the sun dips lower in the sky:cool: