Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
So my lift arms hang with the top edge leaning towards the outside of the tractor, instead of being straight up and down. When installing the PEC I tried using the stabilizer bar to keep the arms straight up and down and spread at the correct distance so the hooks were level with the ground. Problem was with that caused the lift arm to be jammed against the inside of the PEC hooks, so it wouldn't be centered for tightening the set screws.

So I left the arms hanging and got the hooks attached so they were centered over the lift arms. Tightened everything down. Then went and hooked up to my box blade. Had to pull the lift arms in and set the correct spread with the stabilizer bar, and at that point the hooks were cockeyed.

Did a search and only idea I saw was leaving the PEC hooks loose, hooking up to an attachment, and then tightening down the set screws so everything was aligned as needed when attached to an implement.

I'm tired and frustrated, so I might not be explaining this the best. But every video of the installation I saw it was easy because as their lift arms sat there they were centered and sat straight up and down so it was easy to plumb up.

Another option would be lowering the lift arms onto the edge of my trailer so I could make sure they were sitting straight and then adjust the set screws.

Some pictures for reference. Going to give it another crack tomorrow. Any suggestions appreciated.

2016-09-26 16.08.03.jpg2016-09-26 16.09.44.jpg2016-09-26 16.09.52.jpg

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #2  
My Pats system is cockeyed and not straight up and down however the implements don't seem to care. I've seen no undue wear on the implement pins or the Pats. Annoying but they work for me with 4 different brands of implements.

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #3  
I agree. With arms designed/bent as yours are, they are going to do that. May make it difficult to get hooked up but I don't see any solution. You would have to use them a LONG time before any abnormal wear shows up.

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #4  
I've had mine for about two years and they don't sit straight. I haven't had any issues, just use them and be glad you don't have to do it the old way.

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #5  
When the stabilizer bar is installed and set, it should keep the PAT straight enough to hook up. In the picture, it looks like there is slack in the lift arms and the lower arms could rotate in some to line the PATS up with whatever you are hooking to.
BTW- My PATS are cock-eyed too

Seed Gate.jpg

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #6  
I have installed two sets, on a Kubota B2920 and a Kubota M8540. Yes, it is difficult to get the hooks lined up properly. I think the best way line them up would be to loosen all of the setscrews and hook up one of your implements. That way you will know how to align the hooks both laterally and horizontally.

I doubt that you would see significant wear unless you were doing a lot of heavy pulling, as with a tillage implement. If you were going to do heavy tillage I'd pick the most severe application that would see a lot of use and align the hooks to the pins for that implement. I think that this would only matter if you did a lot of heavy work every year for a lot of years.

Good luck

Pat

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system
I have installed two sets, on a Kubota B2920 and a Kubota M8540. Yes, it is difficult to get the hooks lined up properly. I think the best way line them up would be to loosen all of the setscrews and hook up one of your implements. That way you will know how to align the hooks both laterally and horizontally.

I doubt that you would see significant wear unless you were doing a lot of heavy pulling, as with a tillage implement. If you were going to do heavy tillage I'd pick the most severe application that would see a lot of use and align the hooks to the pins for that implement. I think that this would only matter if you did a lot of heavy work every year for a lot of years.

Good luck

Pat

So tighten the set screws down while hooked up to the implement? Going to try that today.

I use my 3PH for a LOT of work with the box scraper and grader blade.

Wonder how tilting the blade for crowning will effect the PEC and the implement, as one side of the blade will be 3 inches higher than the other

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system
That did the trick. Loosened up the set screws and u bolts, connected to my box blade and got everything positioned correct before tightening it all down.

Now absolutely perfect, but it will work I believe

2016-09-27 13.10.06.jpg2016-09-27 13.10.21.jpg

/ Problems installing/aligning pat's easy change system #9  
Purchased the Pat's system in July and removed it in Sept. For all the reasons you stated as well as it being incompatible with my tiller. I was not impressed with the set bolts and shims leveling system. It also moved the attachment points back reducing lift capacity. My Top-N-Tilt cylinder was another issue, the Pat's rearward position made the top link cylinder too short for some of my applications. I suppose I could have ordered another top-link cylinder but elected to remove the Pat's instead.

Last edited: