'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #71  
That is because you are using them often and that don't apply to ocassional users where the saw sits for a prolonged time. Put E10 (with mix of course) in a saw and let it sit for a couple months or longer without use and report back....
20160319_220657.jpeg
If you think I run all of these even weekly that’s wrong heck even monthly, that 395 sits with gas in it from a year ago you pour it out put fresh in it and she runs without issues, 390 same way. Moral of the story is I do let them sit with e10 without issues maybe I’m lucky or maybe it’s as simple as the fresh gas when I go to restart and then run them hard. That’s not the full collection of saw either it’s missing the 3120 and echo 1201 as well the 500i plus the 462 a lot of those sit a lot minus the 500.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #72  
Well I got some real bad news. My Makita/Dolmar 6401 has a scored piston/cylinder. Have NO IDEA why.
Now decision time, fix or move on?

Looking at the prices of quality new 65CC saws with 24” ain’t fun, either.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #73  
Well I got some real bad news. My Makita/Dolmar 6401 has a scored piston/cylinder. Have NO IDEA why.
Now decision time, fix or move on?

Looking at the prices of quality new 65CC saws with 24” ain’t fun, either.
With makita dropping the gas line can you still get parts? I’d bet the saw had an air leak leaning it would be why the cylinder is scored.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #74  
I think so too. Felt like it was running “lean“ last few times, too.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #75  
View attachment 815818If you think I run all of these even weekly that’s wrong heck even monthly, that 395 sits with gas in it from a year ago you pour it out put fresh in it and she runs without issues, 390 same way. Moral of the story is I do let them sit with e10 without issues maybe I’m lucky or maybe it’s as simple as the fresh gas when I go to restart and then run them hard. That’s not the full collection of saw either it’s missing the 3120 and echo 1201 as well the 500i plus the 462 a lot of those sit a lot minus the 500.
So you have a shitte load of saws. Means nothing to me. I have 3 plus the 090 and 075 and they are both dry and will stay that way. I only really need 2 actually and all mine are on canned gas (Echo Red Armor) anyway. To me, a chainsaw is only for ocassional use anyway. Nothing more.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #76  
The older I get, the smaller the saw I grab first. :)

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #77  
I think so too. Felt like it was running “lean“ last few times, too.
Let me know if you decide to junk it.

I would consider a rebuild of that saw worth the effort (to me)

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #78  
The older I get, the smaller the saw I grab first. :)
Isnt that the truth. Even the little echo 490 with 18" starts feeling heavy after cutting for longer periods anymore.
Dang as light as 50cc gets too

I'm always grabbing for the smallest saw that will get the job done in a quick manner.

The 71cc 77cc 94cc set in wait for the need.

I counted 19 runners on the shelves other day. I thought or was hoping I was below double digits now. I been selling stuff off since 2010.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #79  
I find it comical that people go to Lowe’s and buy a husky and think they have a pro saw. It’s like people getting a John Deere from Home Depot and thinking they have a good mower

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #80  
I find it comical that people go to Lowe’s and buy a husky and think they have a pro saw. It’s like people getting a John Deere from Home Depot and thinking they have a good mower
Same with Echo. What in the world are they thinking?

I have no use for anything from those box stores.

Stihl is one of the few left who is doing it right. The day they go “box store” is the day they will start going downhill.