'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #81  
Stihl is at ACE......I doubt anyone at my Ace could tune a saw.
My Echo dealer can tune a saw, and repair most Echo/Husky gas machines.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #82  
Same with Echo. What in the world are they thinking?

I have no use for anything from those box stores.

Stihl is one of the few left who is doing it right. The day they go “box store” is the day they will start going downhill.
Dont know where you live but stihl in box stores around here. Since 2014

Been going on in different states for years now too, around that year too.

rks.jpg

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #83  
Stihl is at ACE......I doubt anyone at my Ace could tune a saw.
My Echo dealer can tune a saw, and repair most Echo/Husky gas machines.
Same here but Home Despot carries Echo. where I get my Red Armor 50-1 canned fuel at and I'm quite positive no 'sales associate' at Home Despot knows anything about Echo saws or brush cutters as well. For some reason, Echo dealers seem to have a hard time stocking Red Armor 50-1 canned fuel except in quart cans. I prefer it in gallons or in 5's. Shelf life on Red Armor is 5 years unopened and sealed. Try that with your ethanol weasel pee.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #84  
I won't buy ANY Stihl saw or brush trimmer (new) because Stihl succumbed to the noise police and any new Stihl saw or trimmer, first thing you have to do is open up the muffler. That, and the fact that Stihl products are over priced compared to Echo, especially.

Nit saying easy mods on Echo saws (muff and intake) don't help because they do but the average owner don't nee to, whereas Stihl products are so choked up, t's almost necessary to get decent performance from them.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #85  
Dont know where you live but stihl in box stores around here. Since 2014

Been going on in different states for years now too, around that year too.

View attachment 816827
We don’t have those, but when I say box store, I mean Lowes, Home Depot. Places where homeowners generally hang.
From what I understand Rural King is pretty well suited to hooby farm to ranch owner???

Should have been more specific.

Heck, the Stihl tools I buy are from a giant ACE Hardware, so one could argue they are “big box”

Last edited:
   / 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #86  
If you buy new ask the dealer to help you out... usually brand have half way models like the Rancher in Husqvarna... don't we all want the performance and reliability of a pro saw and the price of a home owner saw... I would also loved if my beer caps would grow beer after a year being in the ground.

pro saw are more powerful (they run at a higher capacity Tune better) have better internal and external comportment but they are heavier but the weigh to power ration is still better.

you wont see any of that sh&^ on a provisional saw
1692463099042.png

I found this on that web site below it might help
1692463358956.png

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #87  
If you buy new ask the dealer to help you out... usually brand have half way models like the Rancher in Husqvarna... don't we all want the performance and reliability of a pro saw and the price of a home owner saw... I would also loved if my beer caps would grow beer after a year being in the ground.

pro saw are more powerful (they run at a higher capacity Tune better) have better internal and external comportment but they are heavier but the weigh to power ration is still better.

you wont see any of that sh&^ on a provisional saw
View attachment 816861

I found this on that web site below it might help
View attachment 816863

Some pro saws are actually lighter than “farm/ranch” saws. They almost always have better power to weight ratios.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #88  
I wonder how long it will be before Husky drops their entire line of gas saws in favor of electric?

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #89  
I’m looking for a used 25” pro saw right now, but the prices people want for used give me pause. Why not spend a few hundred more and get a screamer out of the box? Used saws always seemed like such a risk.

Anyway-gotta replace the Makita/Sachs 6401.

Looking at Stihl 400 w/ 25”
5.4BHP
12.8lbs
magnesium piston

I can get 10% off this price

1692466339625.png

Last edited: