'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #101  
Don't particularly like the noise myself. All mine have the USDA screens intact too. You really need to go all out and have expansion chambers fabricated instead.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #102  
Don't particularly like the noise myself. All mine have the USDA screens intact too. You really need to go all out and have expansion chambers fabricated instead.
For falling timber? That’s a new one.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #103  
I wonder how long it will be before Husky drops their entire line of gas saws in favor of electric?
I think they just laid off a very large portion of their workforce…the ones that make gasser saws, lawnmowers, etc.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #104  
I’m looking for a used 25” pro saw right now, but the prices people want for used give me pause. Why not spend a few hundred more and get a screamer out of the box? Used saws always seemed like such a risk.

Anyway-gotta replace the Makita/Sachs 6401.

Looking at Stihl 400 w/ 25”
5.4BHP
12.8lbs
magnesium piston

I can get 10% off this price

View attachment 816881

HD, you need to quit screwing around and just get ahold of RipSaw and have them make you a saw;)

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #105  
I think they just laid off a very large portion of their workforce…the ones that make gasser saws, lawnmowers, etc.
Owned by Electrolux, right?

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #106  
HD, you need to quit screwing around and just get ahold of RipSaw and have them make you a saw;)

Probably more than I want to spend, but ya, would be cool.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #107  
Dont use rip. They charge way to much for the work they somewhat do and some they farm out. I know guys that ported saws and they would send to the rip place and rip would call it their work.

Have a whole list of trusted porters in my chainsaw repair group with states their in if needed.

These stihl muffler covers come with replaceable screens. Dyno proven before and after even on stock saws.
Nice air filter set ups for the stihls that still need them Egan Performance Saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #108  
While Kicking around the idea of buying used, I realized it’s pretty sketchy way of saving a few hundred bucks and really know it’s not worth it because it either stolen or somethings wrong with it.

Since I will mainly use this saw for one big job, then it’ll get used about 15 times a year thereafter, it‘s kind of tough to buy new, too.

Found a used 460 with a 28” bar. Guy wants $750! Seems too high.

Decisions…..

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #109  
While Kicking around the idea of buying used, I realized it’s pretty sketchy way of saving a few hundred bucks and really know it’s not worth it because it either stolen or somethings wrong with it.

Since I will mainly use this saw for one big job, then it’ll get used about 15 times a year thereafter, it‘s kind of tough to buy new, too.

Decisions…..
There are also many China knockoffs on eBay etc that people buy then try to sell as OEM.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #110  

Decisions…..
ho ya that not a deal, that's pretty much what they go for new ... you can get good deals sometime but it is hard to take their word on the amount of usage it has, I bought mine used a 359 husky which are highly praise, I went and check it out, a older guy in a small town and I knew someone who knew him so its not like he could lie too much about it, I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but I believe it was $600 if I remember correctly, I thought at the time it was expensive but he wouldn't budge on the price and said he only used it for a few years and only cut a few cord a year with it. I know they all say that but I took his word for it and gave him his price... that's been almost 10 years now and never had a problem with it.

What about buying new for the contract then selling it?