Progress!

/ Progress! #141  
I didn't know that there where any Granite sources in the US that where used for counters. Seems like everything I've looked at was from South America or Europe.

/ Progress! #143  
What are you going to use for your counters? Here in Tyler, there are close to a dozen different granite companies, but the only one I recommended is Granite Division. Nobody puts more effort into the small details then they do. Figuring out the layout so the pattern and grain lines up is their main goal, and the finished product shows that attention to detail. There isn't anything more disappointing then seeing a bad granite job.
We went with Corian counters. My wife is of the opinion that granite counters are the avocado appliances of the 21st century.

/ Progress!
I didn't know that there where any Granite sources in the US that where used for counters. Seems like everything I've looked at was from South America or Europe.
The granite back home is most often used for monuments or building facing. They have some of it at Arlington National Cemetery and other famous places. You can get it for counters, too.

/ Progress! #146  
Congrats on selling your house. Are you still living in it or do you have to find a place to live?

/ Progress!
I wonder how many of today's must haves will be the first to get sledge hammered in the next future remodel?
Not at my house. We will not leave alive. We don't care what other people may or may not like. I've had Formica, Corian, Quartz and Granite over the years. Granite is the best surface for me.

/ Progress!
Well, I am technically homeless. Old house is 100% done. I've got to finish moving out, but another 4-6 weeks for the new one to be finished.

I did get full power to my shop, but it is so full of stuff I cannot do much. Tomorrow, God willing, I can get the mailbox installed.