Property showcase, Let's see what you've got!

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #11  
Our road.

Our Driveway. The ice age pushed alot of rocks in our area. It does not show well, but the is a rock wall on both sides of the driveway. I have to do something with them. I get passers bys that ask how much I charge!! :D The first two years I blew snow with a 7 hp walkbehind.

Half way down. We have alot of oaks and maples that needed major pruning. This year everything is cleaned up and looks like a park.

Partial Backyard. This was sand when we bought it, way over grazed by the livestock. I mowed all this with a 12 hp lawn tractor the first two years also!!! It is a work in progress

Dan

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #12  
I only have 3/4 Acre but we thought the view was worth it. I still find plenty for my little 2210 to do..

Attachments

• Lake1.jpg
    Lake1.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Lake2.jpg
    Lake2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 310
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #14  
The first two years I blew snow with a 7 hp walkbehind.

Partial Backyard. This was sand when we bought it, way over grazed by the livestock. I mowed all this with a 12 hp lawn tractor the first two years also!!! It is a work in progress
Dan
Dan, sounds like me, I did every thing the hard way, then bought a tractor and a ZRT. Life is good, no complaints here. Looks very nice. The area looks like our area, Catskills in NY.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #15  
Dan, sounds like me, I did every thing the hard way. The area looks like our area, Catskills in NY.

LOL LOL. I use to do it cotton coat, sweatshirt, jeans and tennies. I'm one of those tougher Florida natives! :) Santa fixed that last year. I agree that the Catskills are the same given the glaciers went though there too. The northern part of the US is intesting geo-wise and history. I have heard the Catskills is quite beautiful too.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #16  
Dan, Thanks:D

Your place does look like a park! How long does it take to mow all of that? I think you need a nice ganged reel mower, something that'll mow at about 11 MPH:cool:

"LOL LOL. I use to do it cotton coat, sweatshirt, jeans and tennies. I'm one of those tougher Florida natives!"

I'm originally from northern Minnesota, so I'm used to cold but I met my wife when I lived in the keys. That first Indiana winter I half wondered if she'd kill me in my sleep....Hasn't yet;)

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #17  
The first years mowing took 12 hours with a 12 hp lawn mower. The tractor broke twice in one day. A grown man is not a pretty thing crying. :eek:

It takes me about 8 hours now weedeating and mowing with the lawn tractor and the JD 2210. I'm a fusty guy mowing though. Most think I am crazy mowing that much, but the taxes go up with more woodland you have in Wisconsin. They consider it recreational land and raise your taxes! Plus I am looking to do something in the future.

We had some hard work due to the previous owner just let everything go to ruins. My wife and I saw pass that and bought it.

Dan

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #19  
Here are a few pics of our work in progress. Its a little over 5 acres with woods and open field. One of the small ponds and part of the other one are on our lot.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #20  
Beautiful place WB! ;) SE Wis hmmmmmmmm.......The area looks a bit familiar. Maybe Holy Hill area? Could be the Southern Kettle's too. Aaaaaaaa could way off too! :D We lived in the Hartland/Pewaukee area.