Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed ban on gas stoves... #1  

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
Well, this is just sweet...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/*****-administration-considers-banning-gas-163829836.html

My power goes out around here constantly. And now I'll need to get rid of my gas stove so I guess I'd better plan for putting in a wood-burning stove that I can cook on.

This push for "everything electric" needs to slow down a bit.......

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #3  
Well, this is just sweet...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/*****-administration-considers-banning-gas-163829836.html

My power goes out around here constantly. And now I'll need to get rid of my gas stove so I guess I'd better plan for putting in a wood-burning stove that I can cook on.

This push for "everything electric" needs to slow down a bit.......
Lots of different people float ideas in government that seldom go anywhere. I put this in that category.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #4  
Don't know, are they not phasing them out in NY and CA?

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #6  
I suspect if they do it will not be an immediate ban. Just cannot sell a new one after x date. So be sure to buy a new one just before that date and keep it in reserve for when the current one fails?

We have an electric stove just because that is what the house had when we bought it. Too expensive to convert it to gas.

I have a propane grill and propane cook top, as well as an electric griddle for cooking if there is a prolonged outage.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #7  
Natural gas companies have a tremendous distribution system and investments in long term customers. Can’t see this getting any political traction. Gas companies have plenty of high paid lobbyists and attorneys.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #8  
Natural gas companies have a tremendous distribution system and investments in long term customers. Can’t see this getting any political traction. Gas companies have plenty of high paid lobbyists and attorneys.
And a lot of voters have and like their gas stoves.

I have a gas stove at the farm and an electric one at home. I prefer the Gas.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #9  
I think people are getting worked up over speculation. This issue needs research at this point, not regulations. I have noticed that Yahoo news aims towards writing articles in a manner aimed at getting people riled up and promotes polarization of opinions. I no longer follow it.

/ Proposed ban on gas stoves... #10  
Don't know, are they not phasing them out in NY and CA?
I think they are not talking about banning the use for homeowners. It's in the existence homes today but as new homes are built they may be banned which means we're talking 100 years down the road for it to impact many of us if we're still around then. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.