Proposed update to front porch forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #331  
It revealed a lot to me, and you caught that. It's called censorship. Censor by all means but give guidance as to why it is necessary. It insults the intelligence of members when they are shunted here and there or shut out of a thread because a moderator wants to. It happens but in far off places I have been to where the local populace has no voice but do as they are told. To see this happen in America to a forum of educated middle age and retired white men is so sad.
You agreed to the rules when you joined the forum. If they rub you the wrong way, talk to the owners of TBN. If you get no satisfaction, you have some choices.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #332  
Ok, thats twice that I've seen. What's with the white men references? Just what are you trying to stir up?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #333  
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #334  
I like it and will glad when I reach the front porch. That is quite a long climb.

Emphasis needs to be added that everyone learn to use the 'Ignore' button to govern themselves and not leave it all up to the moderators.
I have been on here and other forums and have never put anybody on ignore. I have found people worthy of it and let go. I have often ended up with decent relationships with people who ticked me off.

We all have responsibility -
you have the ability to respond any way you want.
I choose not to respond in kind.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #335  
Always appreciate the feedback.

It's tough to compare a gun forum to a tractor forum but as you see we're trying to improve. Not because of losing members since that isn't why I make decisions but rather trying to serve the members that are here.
I am on another forum that has a political forum. I never go there. I am more than capable of talking politics but the PF on other site is way out of control.

I am a Christian and more than happy to talk with someone interested. I do not like religious discussions on a forum like this. I don't like the prospect of having to ignore misinformation or talk to a man who is not listening.

In my short time here I am very happy with most posters. Please keep up the good work.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #336  
I am a Christian and more than happy to talk with someone interested. I do not like religious discussions on a forum like this.
In my opinion, religious discussions don't have a place here other than, perhaps wishing people a happy holiday of whatever type.

Politics is another thing, though. Buying equipment and laws related to rural life invariably touch on political topics. These have real impacts on rural life and we should be able to discuss them in the context of whatever the thread topic happens to be. I don't think we need to devolve into partisan politics, per se, but if the policy that is affecting people is advocated by a sitting or former politician, it will come off as a partisan dig. I would just stick with don't advocate directly for voting for a particular party or person and don't just insult a party or politician. Pointing out policies and their impacts is important.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #337  
In my opinion, religious discussions don't have a place here other than, perhaps wishing people a happy holiday of whatever type.

Politics is another thing, though. Buying equipment and laws related to rural life invariably touch on political topics. These have real impacts on rural life and we should be able to discuss them in the context of whatever the thread topic happens to be. I don't think we need to devolve into partisan politics, per se, but if the policy that is affecting people is advocated by a sitting or former politician, it will come off as a partisan dig. I would just stick with don't advocate directly for voting for a particular party or person and don't just insult a party or politician. Pointing out policies and their impacts is important.
What you are advocating is polite communing of polite souls in an inclusive public place where no feelings get hurt. That would be a municipal cemetery.

TBN is an amazing forum of men who love working the land with their machines. They need a venue for sharing practical knowhow and for unwinding when the day is done. Even Jack Nicklaus wouldn't want to talk golf with his buddies all day long at his club. TBN needs to be a club for people to talk shop and chat about anything that matter to them. All they need to attend to them are waiters bringing them the beer and the food. Not moderators.

And if religion is a bad word, change it. Call it metaphysics. It's the same thing with a progressive, scientific appeal.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #338  
I did make quite a bit of money day trading currencies. I am, by nature, not a gambler but the cash was parked and doing nothing at the time in one of my offshore accounts. My relationship manager said he could let me trade on a 100 to 1 margin. I was tempted and the Devil got me. I made a couple of trades, not on the computer but through calls to my relationship manger in Singapore from Amsterdam. The memory of that experience still send shivers down my spine. I made enough money in one trade to buy myself a brand new fully loaded BMW 745 listed at $70,000.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #339  
Of course, you can. You don't have to own the company to want to make it better. This is called taking initiative. You have got the stuff but don't want to do anything.
Okay, I'm going to officially sign my name to this. You are a Troll. An evil disruptive Troll that only wants to harm this forum. Where's Muhammad when we need him.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #340  
It revealed a lot to me, and you caught that. It's called censorship. Censor by all means but give guidance as to why it is necessary. It insults the intelligence of members when they are shunted here and there or shut out of a thread because a moderator wants to. It happens but in far off places I have been to where the local populace has no voice but do as they are told. To see this happen in America to a forum of educated middle age and retired white men is so sad.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Says the Troll.......

Status
Not open for further replies.