Prostate cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Prostate cancer
Thanks Moss!

/ Prostate cancer #52  
My dad had prostate cancer. He had his entire prostate removed and was fine with that. He was in his 70's, mom had already passed away, he had the 5 of us, and said something about being happy traveling with his girlfriend. :laughing: Anyhow, there are many more options today than there were back then. You have to pick the one that suits you best. ;)

/ Prostate cancer #53  
As for covid, I personally know about a 12-14 people that have had it; friends, family and coworkers. Symptoms ranged from mild to wild, as they say. Two were hospitalized. Most rode it out at home. Fortunately all of them recovered so far. 2 are still in quarantine with mild symptoms. So that's encouraging. Batting 1000 for recovery so far. :thumbsup:

/ Prostate cancer #54  
Congrats on being cancer free!!!!

/ Prostate cancer #55  
An older guy from the elec co-op came to my place about 1 year ago, then disappeared.

Prostrate cancer.

He showed up yesterday to arrange to move power from const meter to house.

He's doing great!

Interesting......I knew he had been with the co for a long time so i asked, how long?

He said he had been an employee for 55 years as of last month and wasn't leaving anytime soon!

I wonder how many people work for the same co that long, not many i bet.

/ Prostate cancer #56  
An older guy from the elec co-op came to my place about 1 year ago, then disappeared.

Prostrate cancer.

He showed up yesterday to arrange to move power from const meter to house.

He's doing great!

Interesting......I knew he had been with the co for a long time so i asked, how long?

He said he had been an employee for 55 years as of last month and wasn't leaving anytime soon!

Had Proton Radiation treatment for prostate cancer 25 years ago at Loma Linda Univ. Med. Center.
Proton Radiation is very different from conventional radiation.
Mega success, with zero treatment side effects, or after effects.
My dad died of metastasized PC in 1984, he was 81.

/ Prostate cancer #57  
I had surgery for PC 18 years ago at 52, along with hormone implant. Side effects of the implant weren't worth it, had that removed at proper time & not replaced. In my case, I feel like the implant was just a moneymaker for the Urologist, changed over to an Oncologist after the implant was removed.

Fatigue still affects me, but I'm still kicking!

/ Prostate cancer #58  

Not many I agree. Most folks probably are not even employed in total for 55 years!

I worked for the same company for 30 years - and worked in total (full time) 42 years.

MoKelly

/ Prostate cancer #59  
I had it back in 2012. Gleason 8+ or so. We caught it early which is a plus. I did a tremendous amount of research. In town, I found three others that had had it and talked to them too. What is important to remember is that you are different than everyone else. Everyone's cancer is slightly different. Two of my brothers have been treated since me and both of them were diagnosed slightly different and the treatment was different. I went to MD Anderson from Valdez Alaska for treatment as that is where everyone in town goes. MD Anderson was fantastic. As other patients waited for Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IG-IMRT) we talked and discussed each others treatment. Some had theirs removed but still needed the radiation as you can't remove 100% of the prostrate. There is a nerve bundle that you DON'T want cut. The bladder was also moved over every treatment. (Humility out the window) I am still good, leading a pretty normal life. If you were in Vietnam, contact the VA as it is a presumptive disease. I was getting 100% disability while treated and still receive a disability from the VA. Use a service group like VFW or DAV. They are tremendous. Sorry for the long post.

/ Prostate cancer #60  
I had it back in 2012. Gleason 8+ or so. We caught it early which is a plus. I did a tremendous amount of research. In town, I found three others that had had it and talked to them too. What is important to remember is that you are different than everyone else. Everyone's cancer is slightly different. Two of my brothers have been treated since me and both of them were diagnosed slightly different and the treatment was different. I went to MD Anderson from Valdez Alaska for treatment as that is where everyone in town goes. MD Anderson was fantastic. As other patients waited for Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IG-IMRT) we talked and discussed each others treatment. Some had theirs removed but still needed the radiation as you can't remove 100% of the prostrate. There is a nerve bundle that you DON'T want cut. The bladder was also moved over every treatment. (Humility out the window) I am still good, leading a pretty normal life. If you were in Vietnam, contact the VA as it is a presumptive disease. I was getting 100% disability while treated and still receive a disability from the VA. Use a service group like VFW or DAV. They are tremendous. Sorry for the long post.
Having gone through Proton Radiation treatment at Loma Linda Univ Med. Ctr. we (25 yrs. ago) also had the bladder moved over, and considered ourselves to be involuntary members of.... "the brotherhood of the balloon".

Status
Not open for further replies.