3-Point Hitch PTO Generator arrived today

/ PTO Generator arrived today #101  
Most laymen can be a lot smarter then most inspectors, linemen and utility engineers are pretty narrow fields and many of them couldn't wire up a 3 way switch.
And you can be a royal opinionated pain, and I hope you realize that everyone has an opinion and they all stink except mine.

Too bad that you and fried are intimidated by educated and skilled persons . So much that you must purposely do the opposite as the pro’s advise just to prove yourselves . Then try a straw man theme as an attempt for credibility.
Still to what you know and leave electrical advice to those who k or what they are doing . Before you get someone injured or killed .

/ PTO Generator arrived today #102  
Perhaps there is a more straightforward way to put this. There needs to be a human body, with a usable head on it, that is not up and locked.
"Code" is often written only to protect people from their own stupidity.
This being one of those issues.

I wanted to think about my reply to this for a few days...so I did.

"Code" is often written only to protect people from their own stupidity. This statement is wrong in so many ways. The most glaring one is that code is written to protect others from someone else's stupidity. Especially in this case. You might never make the mistake of sending voltage in reverse down the line but can you guarantee that you will never make that mistake? There is just too much at risk here to ignore a simple solution. Which in this case means hooking it up to code.

/ PTO Generator arrived today #103  
I wanted to think about my reply to this for a few days...so I did.

"Code" is often written only to protect people from their own stupidity. This statement is wrong in so many ways. The most glaring one is that code is written to protect others from someone else's stupidity. Especially in this case. You might never make the mistake of sending voltage in reverse down the line but can you guarantee that you will never make that mistake? There is just too much at risk here to ignore a simple solution. Which in this case means hooking it up to code.

A checklist works just fine for me!
I spent the 39 years of my working life .... living by checklists.
There was no safety interlock option.
No incidents...no accidents!

/ PTO Generator arrived today #104  
That's a nice generator. I'm sure the OP will be able to adapt it to his life style.

However - speaking of fuel sources for generators. I experienced and lived thru the 1964 earthquake in Alaska. Was living in Anchorage at the time. Anchorage has natural gas and its available to most all developments - even the somewhat remote ones. After the quake it was determined that the apartment we lived in was not safe - BUT WE STILL HAD NATURAL GAS AVAILABLE. As a matter of fact - we got military bivouac tents and operated several heating and cooking units with a temporary connect to the natural gas piping on the property. It definitely was a survival mode operation.

/ PTO Generator arrived today #105  
Too bad that you and fried are intimidated by educated and skilled persons . So much that you must purposely do the opposite as the pro’s advise just to prove yourselves . Then try a straw man theme as an attempt for credibility.
Still to what you know and leave electrical advice to those who k or what they are doing . Before you get someone injured or killed .

Absolutely amazing, do you actually believe what you wrote? "intimidated by educated and skilled persons" "Still to what you know and leave electrical advice to those who k or what they are doing" I don't believe that you have any knowledge of my education and or experience, and in your second quote I am assuming that you mean stick to what I know and again you have no idea of what I have been educated on, trained on or with or the skills that I have acquired. You sir are a pompous wind bag!!!! Also just for general information I have several decades of industrial electrical, instrumentation, and process control experience from pneumatic to 13.5 KV motors and controls, including PLC's and relay logic. Should I explain to you what that involves?

/ PTO Generator arrived today #106  
Absolutely amazing, do you actually believe what you wrote? "intimidated by educated and skilled persons" "Still to what you know and leave electrical advice to those who k or what they are doing" I don't believe that you have any knowledge of my education and or experience, and in your second quote I am assuming that you mean stick to what I know and again you have no idea of what I have been educated on, trained on or with or the skills that I have acquired. You sir are a pompous wind bag!!!! Also just for general information I have several decades of industrial electrical, instrumentation, and process control experience from pneumatic to 13.5 KV motors and controls, including PLC's and relay logic. Should I explain to you what that involves?

EXCELLENT !!!!

/ PTO Generator arrived today #107  

It involves following the law and installing a transfer switch to prevent connecting the separately derived source from the utility power .
The switch has to be break before make to ensure hat no matter what anybody does . The generator and utility can not be connected together .
An interlocking slider plate on the main breaker panel is not expensive or demeaning to those who use them.

/ PTO Generator arrived today #108  
A checklist works just fine for me!
I spent the 39 years of my working life .... living by checklists.
There was no safety interlock option.
No incidents...no accidents!

Ok so something happens to you. I hope not but it's not impossible. Next nobody knows where your list is. What then? If code is followed then anybody can go and get your generator running...safely.

/ PTO Generator arrived today #109  
Ok so something happens to you. I hope not but it's not impossible. Next nobody knows where your list is. What then? If code is followed then anybody can go and get your generator running...safely.

Absolutely NOBODY uses my generator but ME !!
If I croak, or become deathly ill, it will then be up to some other person to determine how/if/when/where the generator is used.
Absolutely NOBODY uses my chain saw either!

/ PTO Generator arrived today
My thread is still going....thought about my safety conscious friends today while I used a $10 auction chop saw with a $100 Bosch blade and a hose to cut 30 blocks tonight for the outdoor fireplace.....Since we have some people with some time let’s go from electrical no-nos to counting OSHA violations....my unprofessional status as a mason has solidified. IMG_4683.JPGIMG_4685.JPGIMG_4680.JPGIMG_4678.JPG