Mowing PTO won't disengage when using brush hog

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #41  
wouldn't you be able to determine if the clutch is actually installed by manually turning the pto shaft in reverse rotation ?

It seems like the 'ratchet' mechanism, if installed, would click away if you turned the shaft backwards.

But his by definition does not work, and we don't know for sure it is because the parts are not in there or if something has broken off, and "locked it up" so that it is now solid. The test would not prove anything one way or another.

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #42  
But his by definition does not work, and we don't know for sure it is because the parts are not in there or if something has broken off, and "locked it up" so that it is now solid. The test would not prove anything one way or another.

I wasn't referring to the OP specifically, but readers in general.

There is lots of confusion here whether there is a clutch or not in that model, not just his.

Other owners and readers of this thread who might not have had need of the clutch, because of the particular implements they use, could check it this way and report back to verify if there actually is/is not a clutch in theirs.

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #43  

There is lots of confusion here whether there is a clutch or not in that model, not just his.

Other owners and readers of this thread who might not have had need of the clutch, because of the particular implements they use, could check it this way and report back to verify if there actually is/is not a clutch in theirs.

There is no confusion. Look at the video of my tractor in this thread. Mine works perfectly. I bought my new CK20S with manual transmission in 2013. I have seen others work.
I just can't believe Kioto would remove a safety device like this knowing they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit and/or fine.
It is like GM and those defective ignition switchs. Bean counting.

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #45  

Ok, I see what you mean now. Thanks.

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #46  
One way, to know, would be to find a new model on a dealers lot, hook a rotary cutter to it, wind it up to 540 PTO speed and push in the clutch, and see what happens.. I would bet a dollar to a doughnut hole that it makes rapid clicking sounds until the cutter spins down.:)

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #47  
Have you made any headway with your dealer or KIOTI?

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog
Yes, the explanation from rider7767 is exactly what is happening. I intend to get a written comment from Kioti and follow up on this issue. I have found a temporary repair for now. I got a quick release overriding clutch from Yanmar Tractor Parts - Shop Online for about $80. It works but as an add on it causes other issues and is not a fix for what should have been included internally in the tractor.

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #49  
Yes, the explanation from rider7767 is exactly what is happening. I intend to get a written comment from Kioti and follow up on this issue. I have found a temporary repair for now. I got a quick release overriding clutch from Yanmar Tractor Parts - Shop Online for about $80. It works but as an add on it causes other issues and is not a fix for what should have been included internally in the tractor.
Youre doing exactly the right things. Good for you and everybody in the long run. Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ PTO won't disengage when using brush hog #50  
Does your manual give you any type of warnings about the PTO and the problem you are having? I looked at mine, and does not say anything about an implement pushing me over a cliff.