Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #61  
I’m sure you’ve read my posts above….so how are you removing snow now?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #62  
I’m sure you’ve read my posts above….so how are you removing snow now?

Edge Tamers applied to my bucket; I had them on the Deere before the Kioti, and have been using them for 4 or 5 years at this point.

I actually read through the thread a while back, I just constantly find myself going back and forth between a few different options. I'm in no hurry to make a decision though, because any option is going to be a way down the line.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #63  
I had read somewhere that the conventional set-ups worked better in a situation where the snow is deeper or you are clearing a long lane- as the old ones could process more volume and depth.

For contractors those advantages don't apply as they will keep up with the storm and are largely doing tons of small residential drives. The key benefit to them is that when the blower is lifted it doesn't leave much of a pile- eliminating some back and forth to clear- really adds up when doing tens or hundreds of drives.
I'm not sure there's much difference at garage doors pulling forward but could be wrong.

Could be.
I do know the WIFO non hybrid version has a high back wall. IIRC it is 31" . Nothing has got over it yet. I have tried to "overload" it with snow and while I can overtake the tractors ability to maintain RPM if in too high of gear, have not been able to overstuff the blower itself. Which is a good thing since it has had no problems with clogging or even breaking any shear pins doing an all gravel drive.

I wouldn't steer a person away from a standard version inverted, "especially" if they can get a discount.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #64  
Could be.
I do know the WIFO non hybrid version has a high back wall. IIRC it is 31" . Nothing has got over it yet. I have tried to "overload" it with snow and while I can overtake the tractors ability to maintain RPM if in too high of gear, have not been able to overstuff the blower itself. Which is a good thing since it has had no problems with clogging or even breaking any shear pins doing an all gravel drive.

I wouldn't steer a person away from a standard version inverted, "especially" if they can get a discount.
Mine has proven itself several times and as recently as early last week.
It clogged up because I did something very stupid to try. 😂
We had 11 inches that was compressed to 8 with major rain.
My inverted did just fine other than attempting to recycle snow from 3 full passes at a sick neighbors place. It didn’t like that and plugged the chute tight.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #65  
Mine has proven itself several times and as recently as early last week.
It clogged up because I did something very stupid to try.
We had 11 inches that was compressed to 8 with major rain.
My inverted did just fine other than attempting to recycle snow from 3 full passes at a sick neighbors place. It didn’t like that and plugged the chute tight.

When you plug the chute it is really plugged.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #66  
Nice. An obvious improvement over looking backwards.

No way am I ever again blowing snow, without a cab.

I'll stay with the loader mounted plow.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #67  
When you plug the chute it is really plugged.
Ex Lax wasn’t moving this clog. Rain and warm helped along with an irrigation trench shovel.
Next in the arsenal was a salamander heater and calcium chloride. 😂

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #69  
Many of us carry small shovels. I take the jack off and use that. Works great. No additional stuff to make sure it does not fall off.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #70  
Many of us carry small shovels. I take the jack off and use that. Works great. No additional stuff to make sure it does not fall off.

That's a great Idea! If I get into the slop and manage to plug the shoot going to use that.