Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #31  
I don't think anyone is going to argue with what you're saying. This is one of those examples where there are other tools more suitable for the job.
There may be tools more suited for the job, I expect that if they had them or reasonable access to them they would have been in use.
They used what was available to accomplish what they wanted to.
Also it was quite possible that those two tractors with blades and offset disks did do all the work that was visible. Other larger heavier equipment would be faster but if you don't have it, you do the job with what you have.

It wasn't too many years ago that many major feats of building were done in this county without nice cushy modern equipment,
think the canal systems, the railroads, bridges. Even the first graveled roads.
Think what that Irishman digging a ditch with a pick and shovel for 35 cents a day would have though seeing equipment like that.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #32  
There may be tools more suited for the job, I expect that if they had them or reasonable access to them they would have been in use.
Quite right. They don't work like that for thrills.They have to do it to put food on the table.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #34  
Looks to me like a guy who knows exactly what his equipment is capable of and is doing the best he can with what he has. I've got 5000 hours on tractors and 6000 on other heavy equipment as a landscaper, and I get put in this type of situation all the time. I have never flipped. Ditches, berms and grades still need to be finish graded and mowed. Is what he's doing optimal? no, but not everyone can afford the perfect equipment for the job. I think the problem is people assuming the operator is as inexperienced as they are.
Finally after 27 posts, we get a good one!!!! You are absolutely correct. (y)

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #35  
They used what was available to accomplish what they wanted to.
Also it was quite possible that those two tractors with blades and offset disks did do all the work that was visible. Other larger heavier equipment would be faster but if you don't have it, you do the job with what you have.

It wasn't too many years ago that many major feats of building were done in this county without nice cushy modern equipment,
think the canal systems, the railroads, bridges. Even the first graveled roads.
Think what that Irishman digging a ditch with a pick and shovel for 35 cents a day would have though seeing equipment like that.
Another excellent post.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #36  
With barely no weight on the front, with a little right brake he can get that tractor to turn uphill in a second if slope gets “really” sideways tippy.
Plus a tire that is spinning will crab-walk slide versus one that isn’t and plants itself as an anchor to flip.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #37  
With barely no weight on the front, with a little right brake he can get that tractor to turn uphill in a second if slope gets “really” sideways tippy.
Plus a tire that is spinning will crab-walk slide versus one that isn’t and plants itself as an anchor to flip.
Yep. I've had the Road Grader on slopes so steep if I try to pick up the moldboard the high side tires come off the ground. As long as you keep the nose uphill and let the rears "drift" life is good.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #38  
   / Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #39  
To me, if i could see what the benefit was i might would agree with those that thought he was okay, but i couldnt see anything that justified the risk…
Of course, you couldn't. You have never been in a position where there are a hundred guys who would take your job that go with the risk. We Americans have no idea what the deal is overseas.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #40  
That is an operator that know the limits of his equipment and works right up to them. Lots of discussions about tipping and may reasons he didn't, but i'll add that the disc harrow hanging out to the side is like a kickstand, if he he gets a few degrees farther over, it will ground out and stop a roll before the CG gets too high.