Question on Cultipacker For Sale

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale
Thanks for all of your help. I picked it up today from the seller for $425. Everything looks pretty good on it and it rolls fine. First order of business will be making a new tongue for it. Besides that everything else is pretty minimal.

20200814_122811.jpg

20200814_123528.jpg

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #22  
   / Question on Cultipacker For Sale #23  
I have been looking for a cultipacker on Craigslist for a couple years now and have not had any luck. Used ones seem to be rare or prices extraordinarily high. This one popped up for sale today and I was wondering if it was a decent one and if it was worth the $475 they want for it. Thanks in advance.
]

Hey good deal on your "find" . Glad you got it and even where able to beat seller down some and even get it for cheaper .
Not tryin to beat you up but would like to give some advice here on TBN . Whenever someone finds something like you just bought it good to ask differently about what do you think of what my nieghbor offered me IMO .

Sometimes aggressive folks see that (one's posting) and see its a good deal and you'll be doing the groundwork and they will buy it out from under you "while your asking" . Don't know if I"am shareing my thoughts correcty but when you first posted that I said to myself "Oh shoot someone's gonna see this and gonna snatch it fast" !

Once again glad you "got it " ! :thumbsup:

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #24  
5' brillion cultipacker 3PH back.jpg

Bullion 5' cultipacker end view.jpg

We brought this home yesterday from near Pickwick Dam in TN down near the AL border which is a 5' Brillion Landscape 64. The photos are from Craigslist but I will try to get more photos when we unload it. When I got there the other partner said they actually had the seeder attachment was all messed up (bent up with some rust in the seed box) but that I could have it so I said sure load it up. The seeder part has the name and metal tag on it and it is called a Brillion Landscape 64. The wheels are lighter and less aggressive than the 6' one I linked to in a post above but is it leaves the ground more smooth on the final pass. For tight places the 3 point hitch is better in our case.

From reading an owner's manual it stated the front roller is to open a shallow trench for the seeds to drop into and the less aggressive rear roller will close the trench.

I was impressed in the fact the bearings show little wear and signs of having been greased. The path of the grease is through the sealed end passing through the roller cage bearings and out the open side where dirt and grit can be helping keep it out of the roller bearings. Unlike some this one still has the springs in place between the front and rear rollers which is a sign it has not been apart yet. They had it listed for $650 and after I talked with the guy by phone the night before for a while I asked him how much he would take for it. He was aware I was in KY and he was near the AL border and he said $500 cash. I told him I would take it if what I saw matched what he was telling me and the photos showed. I find I seldom have to haggle over prices after I convince the seller I am not talking with him to waste mine or his time. The reason I spend some time on the phone is to decide the truthfulness of the seller. If after talking 5-15 minutes I better know to thank him for his time or work out a time to see and pick up the item. I seldom to never leave home without the price being set.

The daughter said she would go with me since it was a long trip for me. On hooking up the 18' trailer I remembered my F-150 tags had expired 31 July but the trailer tag was in date. I really did not want to be in TN with expired tags should something go wrong so we took the daughter's Dodge Dakota and she drove both ways to get some more towing time under her belt. We took US 641 which had wide paved shoulders and she did well.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale
Bullbreaker- I thought about that too when I posted it. I ultimately came to the conclusion that if someone else got it by the next morning when I could make it over there then it just wasn't meant to be.

Gale Hawkins- That is a really nice cultipacker you got. That was a great find for a great price.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #26  
I realize this doesn’t answer any of the OPs questions but if I were still farming today I would at the very least check out these Lemken products.

Here is a short YouTube video

LEMKEN - Seedbed combinations - YouTube

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #27  
View attachment 666255

View attachment 666256

We brought this home yesterday from near Pickwick Dam in TN down near the AL border which is a 5' Brillion Landscape 64. The photos are from Craigslist but I will try to get more photos when we unload it. When I got there the other partner said they actually had the seeder attachment was all messed up (bent up with some rust in the seed box) but that I could have it so I said sure load it up. The seeder part has the name and metal tag on it and it is called a Brillion Landscape 64. The wheels are lighter and less aggressive than the 6' one I linked to in a post above but is it leaves the ground more smooth on the final pass. For tight places the 3 point hitch is better in our case.

From reading an owner's manual it stated the front roller is to open a shallow trench for the seeds to drop into and the less aggressive rear roller will close the trench.

I was impressed in the fact the bearings show little wear and signs of having been greased. The path of the grease is through the sealed end passing through the roller cage bearings and out the open side where dirt and grit can be helping keep it out of the roller bearings. Unlike some this one still has the springs in place between the front and rear rollers which is a sign it has not been apart yet. They had it listed for $650 and after I talked with the guy by phone the night before for a while I asked him how much he would take for it. He was aware I was in KY and he was near the AL border and he said $500 cash. I told him I would take it if what I saw matched what he was telling me and the photos showed. I find I seldom have to haggle over prices after I convince the seller I am not talking with him to waste mine or his time. The reason I spend some time on the phone is to decide the truthfulness of the seller. If after talking 5-15 minutes I better know to thank him for his time or work out a time to see and pick up the item. I seldom to never leave home without the price being set.

The daughter said she would go with me since it was a long trip for me. On hooking up the 18' trailer I remembered my F-150 tags had expired 31 July but the trailer tag was in date. I really did not want to be in TN with expired tags should something go wrong so we took the daughter's Dodge Dakota and she drove both ways to get some more towing time under her belt. We took US 641 which had wide paved shoulders and she did well.

Finally hooked it the 3000 this evening but the rear tires were not happy. :) I greased it well. The bearings and shaft ends are very tight. I thing it may stop a lot of the right wheel slip. If on a narrow front end tractor which ours is not the manual calls for a 400 pound weight on the right wheel. I will shift it to the right with the the stabilizers.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #28  
Finally hooked it the 3000 this evening but the rear tires were not happy. :) I greased it well. The bearings and shaft ends are very tight. I thing it may stop a lot of the right wheel slip. If on a narrow front end tractor which ours is not the manual calls for a 400 pound weight on the right wheel. I will shift it to the right with the the stabilizers.

Thanks for all of your help. I picked it up today from the seller for $425. Everything looks pretty good on it and it rolls fine. First order of business will be making a new tongue for it. Besides that everything else is pretty minimal.

View attachment 666234

View attachment 666235
Skyline/Gale Hawkins I have this same double cultipacker which is in very bad shape excepting for the wheels but I'm in the prosess of rebuilding but would like to know how far are the two rows of wheels front to back? Will a 2x4 sideways slide in-between or is it closer like maybe 1" ??

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #29  
Skyline/Gale Hawkins I have this same double cultipacker which is in very bad shape excepting for the wheels but I'm in the prosess of rebuilding but would like to know how far are the two rows of wheels front to back? Will a 2x4 sideways slide in-between or is it closer like maybe 1" ??
Our gap is a fat 3". Our wheels are in good shape in other words not worn down too much. Good luck with your rebuild fortunately our boxing is like new. I mainly use it as a counterweight to our 711 Ford one arm front end loader on a 3000. I still need to come up with a 400 lb wheel weight for the right wheel per the Ford front end loader manual.

/ Question on Cultipacker For Sale #30  
$475 they want for it.
You will have to get up to it and get a good look at the ting. That doesn't look like any cultipacker I've ever seen, but I haven't seen very many.
If I wanted one I think I'd try some corrugated culvert pipe filled with concrete and a pole sticking out the center of either end.