Question on sexual harassment training

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Question on sexual harassment training #21  
Anyone else had to take "Diversity training"??? Sensitivity training? Some of this would blow your minds... I'm still 3 years away from retirement and just need to survive it a little longer...
Yep. I don't mind it. Always good to try and understand what someone else might be thinking and why.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #22  
Not only is the female in the slide smoking hot, she is invading the males personal space in a very suggestive and wanton manner.
One interesting thing about the sexual harassment training now is that they make the female the aggressor in about half the examples. Fair is fair.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #23  
Not only is the female in the slide smoking hot, she is invading the males personal space in a very suggestive and wanton manner.
Also, whenever I hear that word, this comes to mind....

7BB9A469-F05A-4F6E-BF64-FD6C95C21015.jpeg

/ Question on sexual harassment training #24  
Anyone else had to take "Diversity training"??? Sensitivity training? Some of this would blow your minds... I'm still 3 years away from retirement and just need to survive it a little longer...
I had to finish a manager toolkit training recently and we went through these training sessions. There we some real examples in our company that were just simply bizarre. And don't forget that the company AND the violator can be liable.

I spoke up in the last training and simply stated that I will not handle any of these items. It can be almost unavoidable to say something that could be spun into a libelous statement, so in any "HR" situation I will immediately call HR for help.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #25  
I had to finish a manager toolkit training recently and we went through these training sessions. There we some real examples in our company that were just simply bizarre. And don't forget that the company AND the violator can be liable.

I spoke up in the last training and simply stated that I will not handle any of these items. It can be almost unavoidable to say something that could be spun into a libelous statement, so in any "HR" situation I will immediately call HR for help.
We call it MARC training. it was over 3 hours. oh my.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #26  

Yeah, we've been trained that in order to combat racism, the law requires us to consider "people of color" for job openings even if they are not even remotely as qualified for the position, which puts people not of color at a disadvantage simply based on the color of their skin, which in and of itself is racism.

It's enough to make your brain hurt. The shear stupidity in society makes a guy wonder if it's ethical to have children who will surely be subjected to even worse ignorance in the future.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #27  
Before I retired, we were trained to not try to deal with any of these issues and to immediately refer it to HR. I liked the policy but I don't think most employees did. They would rather resolve it with people they know and work with.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #28  
At the place I got let go from in February we used to have Sexual Harassments Training, Identity Theft Training, Phishing, Smishing, SPAM training, Medical election training, Identity Theft training, Gender training, Black Lives Matter training, Elderly Abuse Training, Money Laundering Training, Password care training, Disability Training, general racism and genderism training, and 3 other training classes related to how to talk to customers without identifying a gender and Money Laundering.

Im just an IT guy who only supports the servers and the operating system-I have no access to data or applications. Talk about overload....we had to do this twice a year!

I feel so bad for companies now----so much to be careful about. The newest one was a 2 hour course on how to talk to people without hinting their gender-otherwise bank could get sued.

Life is soooooooo complicated now.

/ Question on sexual harassment training
Most cases fall somewhere in between and can be resolved with a sit down and no further actions are required. Lessons learned and kept in your mental tool bag.
After I got "written up", I just told the manager that I really didn't need the job, got all my employee discounts I ever wanted since working there, and decided to quit so I wouldn't have the "official reprimand" on my employee record. Manager told me he was told by the home office he HAD to write me up and was sorry to see me go, but if I stayed, I'd be written up.

I knew this girl for a long time, thought we were friends (all of us would go out to grab a late night dinner after work from time to time), and my mistake was I talked to her like a friend who I treated no different than talking to a good buddy (nothing crude however). Litterally the comment was around to the effect "you had or have a hot date because you seem so excited?"

I thought worst case, going into the meeting with my manager, it would be a verbal reprimand and told don't do it again. Reality is, I was kind of ticked that one small comment made in jest was taken so wrong. Before the meeting, I wanted to apology to the girl for my behavior but after the meeting, I honestly never wanted to work with her again.

Like I said, lesson learned, and something I never forgot.
quet
In hintsight, I should of left and then apologized to her, but I was kind of steaming at the time.

Before that, worked part time as a banquet waiter during college. Only one of two guys who worked with 6-9 girls. NEVER a problem.

/ Question on sexual harassment training #30  
One item that has stuck with me from diversity training many years ago, if you have two candidates for a position and their qualifications are even remotely similar, you’d better hire the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.