Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200?

/ Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200? #1  

jim_wilson

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200 w/ BH77 & 12", 18" & 24" buckets, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660, Artillian Fork frame, Extreme 3pt rake, Concrete Mixer, MyTractorTools grapple adapter
I'm hoping to get the final go ahead from the wife on purchasing a B3200 with FEL and backhoe to replace my BX23.

One of the major reasons I want to move to a bigger tractor is the ability to have a QA bucket on the FEL. Looking around I see there are a number of options out there now for QA on the BX FEL - which weren't around when I bought the thing 8 years ago. But I'm also looking for more capacity - so I still want to move up to a bigger tractor.

My major indecision point on the B3200 is - how to configure the FEL. I really want to have the ability to QA the bucket, put on forks, maybe some other attachment, etc.

I found this Co. linked to from another post here on TBN - and they appear to make a rock grapple that is exactly what I'm looking for to do some rock wall building:

Slideshow

They also appear to make a QA setup that looks promising, I intend on calling them tomorrow to get some more info on their setup.

Talking the salesman at my dealer the other day - it appears there's a pretty big price difference between the Kubota QA solution for the bucket (the Kubota solution appears to use the same bucket as the direct pin on method) - and the ATI SSQA setup I asked the salesman about. The Kubota QA setup was like $270 extra over the direct pin on bucket - whereas the ATI setup was like $2200 (have to get an ATI bucket with that solution).

At the price of that ATI setup - I might consider getting the welder out and just making up my own skid-steer type solution using the original Kubota bucket.

What I'm interested in here is any advice on which one of these solutions - or any other QA products that are out there I should consider.

I'm going to use this for a lot of heavy digging and carrying rocks. So my other question is- which size bucket to get? I was thinking 54" - but the salesman at the dealer said they only typically sell the 60" because it covers the tire tracks.

In another post here on TBN - I saw a suggestion to use a bucket from a B26 - are those compatible with the 504 loader on the B3200?

Thanks for any help.

/ Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200? #2  
As I posted in the other thread, IMO there is no need for a SSQA on a tractor this small. Just extra weight and you can only use a very limited number of (small) skid steer attachments.

The best value is definitely the Kubota QA. I have it along with the 54" bucket and a set of forks. WR Long also makes a grapple and 4-in-1 bucket to fit the Kubota quick attach. Also, it is easy to make some adapter plates if you really want to use a skid steer attachment on the Kubota quick attach.

/ Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200? #3  
The Kubota QA is amazing. That's why I jumped up to the b2620 because ironically, the b3200 QA fits it.

I have three super fast change-out options up front. Bucket, forks and quick spade (only $150 ish). I dug 6 holes (through clay) the other day, large enough to hold 1400lb burlap-bound trees.

I have no idea about your other option but I'd be very surprised if you weren't happy with the Kubota setup. The ease and flexibility is a rush

/ Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200? #4  
Yeah I second that. I've got it on my 2620 also. I've got the forks and the 60 inch bucket (for snow and such) as well as the original 50 inch bucket which I have a tooth bar on for digging. Also a homemade snowplow. Not to bad to swap things around. Adds a lot of versatility to your front loader and tractor. I've used the other system (skidsteer) and it's not any faster and needs to be kept lubed pretty well. And it is to heavy for these smaller tractors The only thing is some dealers may only want to sell the Kubota QA with the 3200 so if you want one of the smaller B's they might tell you it won't work.

Previous poster - That quick spade sounds like a good idea - does that go on the forks?

/ Quick Attach & loader bucket options for B3200? #5  
Yep.

Slides right onto the forks and I put a ratchet strap on to keep it from sliding off when digging.

I'm amazed at how well the thing does and it's versatility. And for $150?