Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms?

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #21  
My quick hitch is garbage and light weight, got at a Richie Sale.

View attachment 535914

I had to modify it for width. But despite my lift capacity of something like 6000# and using it on my 8' Harley Rake, I have not managed to break it yet. Plus I guess, lighter makes it easier to put on and take off.

Oh, and the extendible arms were very useful, again, for implements you cannot move by hand. Sometimes though, getting them to lock back in is difficult.
That cylinder could hurt your tractor, bet it has 15-20 ton retract force.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #23  
Was close to pulling the trigger on a B2601 this week then spent some time exploring the different options between a B2601 and a B2650. The B2601 as I optioned it had a quick hitch @<450.

The B2650 comes with 3 point extendable arms. There is, according to the build it feature on Kubota痴 web site approximately $1250 between the two. Removing the quick hitch brings the difference to around $800.

My question is does having the 3 point extendable arms at least somewhat the need for a quick hitch. It would also, I believe, make unnecessary the need to worry about implement QH compatibility.

If any of this makes any sense then the B2650 seems like a lot more tractor for a $800 difference.

I much prefer the flexible lift arms to facilitate hitching, though such should not really be needed on such a small tractor.

I'm not a fan of quick hitches, especially on such a small tractor, because the CG of the mounted equipment is extended further behind the tractor.

SDT

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #24  
For my situation, the QH isn't useful. When I'm changing over from the backhoe to a 3 point implement, the QH is just another thing to mount, and with the telescoping arms hooking up any 3 point attachment is easy anyways. It is rare that I'm in that much of a hurry when changing implements. Without the backhoe maybe it would add more value to my setup.

If anyone wants a SpeeCo QH in "like new" condition I will sell you mine for $25. Right now it is basically just another thing that I store. PM me if you want to pick up in Southern CO.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #25  
For my situation, the QH isn't useful. When I'm changing over from the backhoe to a 3 point implement, the QH is just another thing to mount, and with the telescoping arms hooking up any 3 point attachment is easy anyways. It is rare that I'm in that much of a hurry when changing implements. Without the backhoe maybe it would add more value to my setup.

If anyone wants a SpeeCo QH in "like new" condition I will sell you mine for $25. Right now it is basically just another thing that I store. PM me if you want to pick up in Southern CO.

I'll take you up on that if you are ever up towards Denver. I'm in Parker. Looking for another QH to weld to a spare SSQA plate. Was dam handy for other stuff when I made one for my old SSQA plow mount.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #26  
I'll take you up on that if you are ever up towards Denver. I'm in Parker. Looking for another QH to weld to a spare SSQA plate. Was dam handy for other stuff when I made one for my old SSQA plow mount.

OK, done. I usually have to go up to Denver several times a year, maybe I can take I-25 next time and meet you somewhere.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #27  
If you use a rear mower the telescoping arms may be a better choice. I have the quick hitch, which I do like for most implements.
The only hang up (literally) is with the 3 point mower. The upper cross brace gets in the way of the PTO shaft and restricts it's movement on hilly ground transitions.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #28  
I've never understood why we can't get the same arms as they have in Europe. There they are extendable and have the hook instead of the ball, that would make them perfect IMO.
Do any of you know why we don't seem to get them? Pat's system is good but it adds about 4-6" to the total length, which may not be desireable.

/ Quick Hitch or 3 point extendable arms? #29  
I've never understood why we can't get the same arms as they have in Europe. There they are extendable and have the hook instead of the ball, that would make them perfect IMO.
Do any of you know why we don't seem to get them? Pat's system is good but it adds about 4-6" to the total length, which may not be desireable.

I had no idea European was different. A search didn't bring anything up.
Anyone have a photo?