Quick hydraulic fitting question

/ Quick hydraulic fitting question #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
So, I am adding a ram to the kicker on our baler (so that I can aim where in the wagon the bales land, thread with pictures coming soon) and I bought 2 quick connects, one is a Pioneer VP8010-4 and the other is a Pioneer VP8010-4P, the 4 has a ball on the end to keep the fluid in while the 4P has a poppet on the end (that will teach me to check that all the fittings I buy are the same), are these two compatible? or should I return the 4P one and get a 4 (which will match what is on all of our other equipment)?

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ Quick hydraulic fitting question #2  
try both on one of the other implements you have , if it fits it should work, if not the answer is pretty simple. zman

/ Quick hydraulic fitting question
try both on one of the other implements you have , if it fits it should work, if not the answer is pretty simple. zman

The problem is that if I install I will not be able to return it (ok, I probably could, but I wont). Physically they are the same except that one has a poppet and the other has a ball.

Aaron Z

/ Quick hydraulic fitting question #4  
The problem is that if I install I will not be able to return it (ok, I probably could, but I wont). Physically they are the same except that one has a poppet and the other has a ball.

Aaron Z

If the QD will connect up tight, then I believe the poppet and ball are compatible.

I also believe the poppet style has less pressure drop than the ball end type.

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/s...-fluid-transfer-couplings/26066-73880-_2.html

The P in the part number indicates poppet style QD.

Last edited:
   / Quick hydraulic fitting question #5  
Although I think they are interchangeable...It would drive me nut's having two different ones-just my personality defect.

/ Quick hydraulic fitting question #6  
I agree.. I'd get both the same.. and never wonder about it.

soundguy