Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #51  
I thought Arizona didn't have those problems with humidity. Why they park aircraft there for instance.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #52  
Re: You need to be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

Have you looked for non oem parts

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #53  

If you decide to keep your tractor, there are additives that deal with algae, water in the fuel, and fuel gelling. I use all three as I may keep fuel for months at a time.

Using all three is a bit expensive, but I am not running 200 hours a year so it is good insurance.

I cannot comment on the possible design faults of your machine, but if you are correct, consider getting it repaired and trading it. If you use it less than 15 hours a year, it may make sense to hire out the work you need done.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #54  
Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

Couple of years ago when I was shopping for a new tractor I did lots of asking around. Lots of reading. One thing I did notice was that a good dealer / repair shop could make or break ones opinion of a brand. Other thing I noticed was a sort of common theme in that IF a Mahindra tractor had serious problems it was not unusual for even a good dealer to have issues with providing repairs and parts.
Was a major part of the reason I did not buy one. Other main reason was a concern with the local dealer.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #55  
We bought a brand new Kubota hay mower and didn't use it until the warranty had expired. About 15hrs into it's first season it had a catastrophic failure. Kubota ended up taking care of us, but it took a lot of effort on our part to get them to work with us (and they certainly weren't obligated to). Point is, you have a 7 year old machine and I don't believe Mahindra should be expected to help out financially.

Last edited:
   / Quite a shocker let me tell you #56  
Re: Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

That is just too cool Andy . . . :thumbsup:
That's just the tip of the iceberg compared to some of the things he's posted. It's also a very good idea.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #57  

I bought a 3510 a few years back. Thought it was going to need a new engine. Not a single one in the USA. Mahindra had one overseas that was 12 weeks out and the cost was more than what I could go buy a whole identical running 3510 tractor for. I luckily ended up not needing a motor and quickly sold it. I have bought my last Mahindra unless its one I get super cheap to flip and resale.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #59  

If you decide to keep your tractor, there are additives that deal with algae, water in the fuel, and fuel gelling. I use all three as I may keep fuel for months at a time.

Using all three is a bit expensive, but I am not running 200 hours a year so it is good insurance.

I cannot comment on the possible design faults of your machine, but if you are correct, consider getting it repaired and trading it. If you use it less than 15 hours a year, it may make sense to hire out the work you need done.

if you do repair & keep, am sure you can add an inline water separator, filter set up. highly recommend esp w/your low hr usage. & and yes to above re:additives best of luck

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #60  

Why do you even own a tractor if you dont use it?

Do you use every tool in your tool box more than once per year?Laffin..