Raising an extension ladder

/ Raising an extension ladder #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
Has anyone ever used the bucket of their tractor or the bed of a pickup to lift an extension ladder to reach higher? Is this one of those things that's not exactly safe but people do it anyway?

I need to change out a light fixture at the peak of my barn. It's about 24 feet up and my ladder won't reach high enough. I've rented a portable man lift before but wanted to avoid doing that.

/ Raising an extension ladder #2  
No comment. ;)

/ Raising an extension ladder #4  
Could you do it from the inside of the barn if you made a small door to reach through? Or remount the light on a small door that swings inward? And maybe a platform inside that your ladder can reach.

Bruce

/ Raising an extension ladder #5  
Has anyone ever used the bucket of their tractor or the bed of a pickup to lift an extension ladder to reach higher?
No but I've seen it on YouTube 😆😆
Watch c/l and find a taller ladder. How high are we talking? I have put a ladder on a flatbed truck for about 4' if the conditions were just right, but that was back when I was still bullet proof and ladders and scaffolding was used daily in my building business.

/ Raising an extension ladder #6  
On one hand, the bucket is a good rigid flat surface and the ladder’s feet can’t slide away from the building...
....but on the other hand...

/ Raising an extension ladder #8  
Use a pickup truck instead