Raising an extension ladder

/ Raising an extension ladder #71  
Something’s wrong with that picture anyhow. Notice the wall he’s on doesn’t line up with those in the background. His second picture on the other hand, looks almost like how I did a swan dive off a one story shed after the ladder kicked out while I was climbing onto the second floor roof of the attached building. I got up from that and said “Holy :censored:! I’m still alive!!!
To me, he is working on a very steep pitch roof. Tilt your screen, if possible, to line up with the windows/walls in the background. Dunno. Jon

/ Raising an extension ladder #72  
To me, he is working on a very steep pitch roof. Tilt your screen, if possible, to line up with the windows/walls in the background. Dunno. Jon
It could be that, or perhaps and/or the angle of the photograph. I just can't believe that anybody would be so stupid (or self confident) to put a hangman's noose around his neck at that height in lieu of a safety rope.

/ Raising an extension ladder #74  
Has anyone ever used the bucket of their tractor or the bed of a pickup to lift an extension ladder to reach higher? Is this one of those things that's not exactly safe but people do it anyway?

I need to change out a light fixture at the peak of my barn. It's about 24 feet up and my ladder won't reach high enough. I've rented a portable man lift before but wanted to avoid doing that.
Buy a 32' ladder...not cheap but less than a hospital stay.