Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure

/ Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure #1  

decableguy2000

Bronze Member
Like a big dumb ass I ran out of fuel what is the bleeding procedure the manual is vague.

/ Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure #2  
Well, depending upon the model tractor/engine, you may be looking for several bleeding screws. I have found them on the upper casting of the fuel filter on Yanmar diesels. Open them, and allow the bubbles to flow out. If the fuel filter bowl is transparent, you'll see it fill back up. Run the engine at idle for a couple of minutes after it starts to get the rest of the bubbles out.

/ Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure
300 DTC, found the air bleed on filter.

/ Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure #4  
Probably need to loosen the inlet lines to injectors , when you see it spitting solid fuel out start closing them and the engin will start running before you get all tighten.

/ Ran out of diesel, need bleeding procedure #5  
This may not work for you but has for me with more than one machine. Never run one out of fuel but with filter changes I learned to get a helper, a can of WD 40. Get the air filter open (I like to remove but have done it with them in place) and while starter is turning the engine over spray WD 40 into the air intake. Believe it or not engine will run on WD 40 (gas will also), when it starts keep shooting shots of WD 40 into it till the system runs smooth. Have used it with Allis Chambers, JD, Kubota and Volvo. I would not use starting fluid.