RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
I had to pull off the pond job since one of the tracks was just begging to break. There are now two split steel lugs pulling through the rubber. I'll have new tracks and rear sprockets by Wednesday. Looking forward to a better ride and more traction.
Tracks01.jpg

Speaking of tracks...Here's the family at our local drag strip. It's pretty nice to be able to backup to the track, hang out in the shade and roast some wienies while the racers roast their tires.
Track01.jpg

I finished this job early today, so I figured I'd update the thread. I put in this driveway a few years back. It still looked fine, but the new owners just had a barn built and wanted to get some additional work done.

Two triaxle loads of clay based sand in the barn, stalls and turnouts. The customer didn't want to move the bales of hay. Says he'll always have pallets there anyway.
Lub01.jpg Lub02.jpg Lub03.jpg Lub04.jpg

Graded the new trailer parking area and compacted the water and electrical ditches.
Lub05.jpg Lub06.jpg

Placed and wheel-roll compacted 48 tons of roadbase and topped it with 24 tons of 3/4" minus crushed limestone. The turnaround area also had trenches through it, so I fixed them and spread the leftover stone.

Lub08.jpg Lub07.jpg Lub09.jpg Lub10.jpg Lub11.jpg Lub12.jpg

You'll notice the customer's tractor sitting next to the shed in the first photos. I needed it moved, but he said it wouldn't start. I traced it down to the neutral safety switch. A little tweaking of the mount and it fired right up.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #874  
Nice job as usual. I'd love to see you spread and grade the finish grade via video so I could pick up a tip or two. :thumbsup:

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #875  
Placed and wheel-roll compacted 48 tons of roadbase and topped it with 24 tons of 3/4" minus crushed limestone. The turnaround area also had trenches through it, so I fixed them and spread the leftover stone.

View attachment 440791 View attachment 440790 View attachment 440792 View attachment 440793 View attachment 440794 View attachment 440795

You'll notice the customer's tractor sitting next to the shed in the first photos. I needed it moved, but he said it wouldn't start. I traced it down to the neutral safety switch. A little tweaking of the mount and it fired right up.

Looks as flat as a pool table. Sign me up for video lessons too! Good idea Pix.

C'mon guys, you have to give me a little time. I've only been threatening to make videos for a few years. ;)

Here are the pics from the pond fill in I had to pull off of to put on new tracks.
HT06.jpg HT08.jpg HT09.jpg HT10.jpg HT11.jpg HT12.jpg

Cutting the new drainage path.
HT14.jpg HT15.jpg

With less than 20 yards of dirt left to spread, the Case blew a quick attach hydraulic hose. The little blue wonder comes to the rescue again!
HT16.jpg HT18.jpg HT19.jpg

There was a lot of separating soil types on this one. Clay was saved for the drainage area, and sandy soil was mixed with topsoil and spread over the top of the filled pond.
HT20.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #879  
Beautiful work. You make dirt look like art!!!!

Beautiful work. You make dirt look like art!!!!

Thanks Eddie. I was down your way today dropping off a horse at my wife's cousin's place in Henderson. Just rolled back in as a matter of fact. I'd never seen the area, so we took the scenic route through Tyler on the trip there just to have a look. I saw that ASCO has a new Case dealership going up. Looks like they want to get a piece of all the work going on around there.