RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #881  
They sure do. Their current location is packed. It looks like they have gone into selling Mahindra tractors in a big way. I was surprised when they started on building the new location, especially considering what it must be costing them. The repair shop is HUGE. I was watching those guys put on the metal for the roof yesterday and couldn't help but think how scary that must be!!!!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
No interesting work photos to post, but I had a bitter-sweet weekend. I let go of the Stude. We just bought a place on sixteen acres further out in the sticks. There's a nice barn/shop, but no concrete yet and no garage either. I was fretting over bringing the Stude out here and not having any place decent to park it. Here she is on the way to her new owner. Fitting that she arrived a my place in the pouring rain and left in it too.
Stude26.jpg Stude27.jpg Stude28.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #883  
Congratulations on the new place. Will this give you more space for your business?

Thanks Eddie! The new place is a semi-blank slate, which makes it perfect for my plans. It has a 50x30 barn that was used for cattle. I took out 70 yards or so of dried manure (that'll be great for the yard come spring)...and the funkiest 2x4,6 and 8 pen and stall setup I've ever seen. I'll get pics off my wife's phone when I get a chance. I'll be building a shop cover / storage container deal off the side, but for now I'll frame up a wall in the barn and concrete a 20x30 section so I have a place to work on my junk. My tools are in the barn now, along with a penned up lame mare. The dust one animal can generate is amazing!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #885  
That is exciting!!!! Are you planning on making it a full blown workshop for your equipment? I'm looking forward to pics. It's always one thing to see what we do for clients because it's what they want, it's totally different seeing what you build and create for yourself!!!!!

Thought I'd share a few photos since I haven't updated the thread for awhile. Here's a ATV trail washout repair from the summer. The hills are steeper than the photos show.
BC04.jpg BC05.jpg

Carnage from the guy that tried to work on this earlier in the summer.
BC06.jpg

Cutting drainage swales to redirect the runoff at the top of the hill
BC07.jpg BC08.jpg BC09.jpg

The culvert pipes were purchased by the owner prior to my looking at the project. I would have spec'd larger pipe
BC14.jpg BC15.jpg

The second damaged section.
BC16.jpg BC17.jpg BC18.jpg BC21.jpg

BC25.jpg BC23.jpg BC26.jpg

The first repair area was a quarter mile from my loading area and the second over a half mile. The trail was also narrow, rutted and pretty rough in general. I spruced up quite a bit of it to save my back. When you gotta get it there...you use what you got! :D
BC27.jpg

Here's another project from the summer. The driveway was damaged from improper drainage and it pitched toward the garage a lot. I intended to regrade and expand the gravel further down the hill for additional parking and access to the backyard. I ordered a semi load of base and a load of rock topping.
Mway02.jpg

It turned out that the outside edge of the existing base was over 12" thick. I decided to strip it all and start over. There was plenty of base for regrading and the expansion.
Mway03.jpg

Cut a swale to pickup runoff from the hill and got the base all straightened out.
Mway04.jpg

106* and really dusty.
Mway05.jpg

Complete with the topping installed.
Mway07.jpg Mway08.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a more recent project that will continue off and on through next spring. Just rough drainage grading for now in very wet clay. There was an existing pond in the backyard that I actually aimed runoff to from the neighbors property when I did their project over a year ago. The pond has since been filled in, so now I have to get the drainage out to the bar ditch at the road.

Kev01.jpg Kev02.jpg Kev03.jpg Kev06.jpg Kev07.jpg Kev08.jpg