RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #891  
Good to see ya back John ,as per usual beautiful finish work . How are them little ones ? Happy New Year .

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #892  
Interesting, thanks for the updates. :thumbsup:

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
With a bunch of heavy lifting on the books, I picked up a set of Construction Attachments 5,500# pallet forks.
Forks01.jpg

I am a bit surprised at the quality level. Given the power that hydraulic quick attach pins generate and the Xtreme Heavy Duty name, no triangulation at the bottom of the quick attach plate seems odd to me. :thumbdown: The bothersome thing is that one of the forks was welded up at a different height than the other. One of them is longer too. Monday forks....Friday forks? :confused3: Oh well...the paint (powder coat?) is pretty. Yeah, like that's important :rolleyes:
Forks02.jpg Forks03.jpg Forks04.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #894  
With a bunch of heavy lifting on the books, I picked up a set of Construction Attachments 5,500# pallet forks.

Forks01.jpg

I am a bit surprised at the quality level. Given the power that hydraulic quick attach pins generate and the Xtreme Heavy Duty name, no triangulation at the bottom of the quick attach plate seems odd to me. :thumbdown:---------------------------
Well they did triangulate the top lip where I added the arrows in your picture.

This is what can happen without the gussets. :mad:

P6060008.JPG

P6060010.JPG

But it won't happen again :thumbsup:

P6120005.JPG

That doesn't look like it will be bending again anytime soon. :thumbsup:

This home is a target for about 60 acres of runoff. There is a small swale and drain pipes close to the structure, but not enough to handle a good soaker. I cut a new swale to reroute the drainage around the home. The soil on this hill was still pumping five days after the last rain.

Hoss01.jpg Hoss02.jpg Hoss04.jpg Hoss05.jpg Hoss06.jpg

Thanks!

The Culvert Pipe To Nowhere #1
There's nothing like setting elevations and offsets over the phone with the inspector! The new landowner set his own pipe...undersized and without ends, so we fixed him up with the right stuff. Word is that it will be months before the county gets out here to cut ditches.
CP15 01.jpg CP15 02.jpg CP15 03.jpg CP15 04.jpg

And meanwhile, just up the road...The Culvert To Nowhere #2

Mud, ground water and more mud has been the theme for the better part of 2015.
CP15 06.jpg CP15 07.jpg CP15 08.jpg CP15 09.jpg CP15 10.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #900  
Good to see you back again. Nice work, wish you lived closer. Have a happy new year!