READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #11  
I let mine idle till I feel warm air start then go to 2000, rpm or better and leave it there while working, then let it idle while unloading the days supplies to cool down a bit. My Grandpa taught me to never work a tractor at low RPM's, ever. 2000 for loader and pulling, PTO speed when using it and wide open in 2wd when going down the road.

He ran his 2N with the Ferguson front drive that way and it's still running but only goes to shows with the new owner that bought it when he passed.

If you get it fixed or repaired again, try running at higher RPM's and all but eliminate the soot in the first place, low RPM and lugging is what causes it.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #12  
So where does the EPA figure in better air quality with less pollution with a "Regen" system. :rolleyes:

An engine with a "Regen" system must run at much higher RPMs and burn more fuel to do so. So while a tractor is generating less pollution per gallon of fuel, it is burning more gallons of fuel to do so. Also more pollution is created while refineries are producing the additional fuel consumed. :confused3:

The EPA and government bureaucracy at it's finest. :thumbdown:

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #13  
I really think the lower Rams, and colder temps are causing a lot of your issues, still aggravating non the less. I used my foot throttle all the time on my pre emissions tractor when doing work that didn't need a set rpm for any length of time, tried the same on this new tier 4 and had a issue about 100 or so hours with smoking, dealer updated the programming and did a couple of park regens back to back to clean out dpf. Now I just bump the throttle to 1800 or higher and leave it if I'm not doing much work, if doing much more than moving around or such its full throttle. No issues sense with almost 400 hrs.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!
I let mine idle till I feel warm air start then go to 2000, rpm or better and leave it there while working, then let it idle while unloading the days supplies to cool down a bit. My Grandpa taught me to never work a tractor at low RPM's, ever. 2000 for loader and pulling, PTO speed when using it and wide open in 2wd when going down the road.

He ran his 2N with the Ferguson front drive that way and it's still running but only goes to shows with the new owner that bought it when he passed.

If you get it fixed or repaired again, try running at higher RPM's and all but eliminate the soot in the first place, low RPM and lugging is what causes it.

Not possible with a gear drive without ruining the clutch. Didn't want a hydro as it's a power eater mowing especially on hills.....

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #15  
Is all this EPA bullshit too "intertwined" into the tractors "brain" to rip it all out?

What a shame to take a very simple (compression ignition) engine and basically ruin it. Thanks Washington. I bet we see gas engine's starting to return to smaller power plant applications, or ***** reverse's a lot of costly "feel good" EPA regs. Fingers crossed on the latter.

Oh yeah. I can't wait for the return of smog. Make America Smoggy Again.:cool2:

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #16  
Red or orange Kool Aid? The sky's not falling Chicken Little.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #17  
Is all this EPA bullshit too "intertwined" into the tractors "brain" to rip it all out?

What a shame to take a very simple (compression ignition) engine and basically ruin it. Thanks Washington. I bet we see gas engine's starting to return to smaller power plant applications, or ***** reverse's a lot of costly "feel good" EPA regs. Fingers crossed on the latter.

Maybe that will bleed over to north of the 49th as well.

Consensus from the regional LS guy is that the temps do not get hot enough to regen below 2,100 RPM. This means every 4 hours when this regens my tractor is unusable unless i'm bush hogging a big field as it will have to sit and regen. The new 31 series is a constant regen above 300* egt and is a fix for this issue. I guess i wait and see what their solution is. Send this thing to South Florida and i bet it will work just fine..................