READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #61  
Did you ever get your cables?

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #62  
For the last 1 1/2 years i have been having regen problems. I have a couple posts here about them. It has been to 2 dealers in Montana and now 1 in Wisconsin since i moved here. Before i left Montana the head LS factory guy out of Oregon came to my house and put a DPF in it and ran diagnostics on his computer. He said regen wasn't getting hot enough. He then ordered parts and had them shipped to Wisconsin where i live. Those parts where new DPF injectors and something else. Put about 10 hours on it since then. went through 1 regen fine. Now tonight i start it to use it. Withing minutes 1 dpf light comes on. So i park it and bump the idle up to 1,500 since its only 12 degrees in order to help if regen better. About 10 minutes in 2 DFP lights come on. I go in for a bowl of soup and watch the dash through the window. About 10 minutes later 1 of the 2 lights go out and the bottom left caution light comes on. It has done this before so i leave it. Maybe 5 minutes later both DPF lights come on again and the caution light goes out. 15 minutes later 1 of the DPF lights goes out again and the caution light comes back on. After over an hour screwing with it i said screw it and put it in the shed. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will burn to the ground tonight. So sick of this crap and the lack of knowledge from LS. Called the national rep at home in Illinois tonight and told them i'm going to call Agco, (lease is through them) and get them involved. August 1st will be 3 years i have owned it. I can't deal with it anymore. They just need to ship me another tractor as obviously this POS is a lemon!!! Sad thing is other than this BS i really like the tractor.....................................
Couple things... One, make sure it's insured for replacement value and Two take a video or pictures so we can all enjoy the conflagration. Finally, make sure it completely burns to the ground so nothing salvageable

Go buy yourself a used Pre 4 tractor and be happy.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #63  
It's probably long gone or working good over the last 4-5 years.....

And considering the OP hasn't been back for the last 3 years.... well,....

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #64  
I don't run under 1800 rpm's running a bucket
full of cactus and some brush. regen approx
every 50 to 60 hours and when it regens I work
I don't stop because its in regen. Also when I use
the attachments I run 2200 rpm's. Tractor burns
about 1 gal diesel per hour so don't think that's so
bad as some smaller tractors use more than that.
maybe we should start growing soybeans for the
oil???:rolleyes:

willy

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #65  
So where does the EPA figure in better air quality with less pollution with a "Regen" system. :rolleyes:

An engine with a "Regen" system must run at much higher RPMs and burn more fuel to do so. So while a tractor is generating less pollution per gallon of fuel, it is burning more gallons of fuel to do so. Also more pollution is created while refineries are producing the additional fuel consumed. :confused3:

The EPA and government bureaucracy at it's finest. 👎
Same logic as a gas can vent. Fumes still get out when you open it to pour fuel.

There is NO logic.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #66  
Same logic as a gas can vent. Fumes still get out when you open it to pour fuel.

There is NO logic.
Don't say that too loud. In some areas I am sure you have seen that plastic accordion boot around the gas nozzle at the gas station. that is for vapor recovery so you don't pollute the air. We will be wanting vapor recovery on home gas cans next.

And as a side note when discussing the extra fuel burned by regen. The same thing happened in the small gas engine department. Years ago a 20 inch push mower has a 3 hp engine and a 22 had a 3.5 or 3.75 engine. After all this EPA stuff started the engines on push mowers kept getting bigger. I have even seen a 7.5 hp on a 22 inch push mower. And several 5-5.5 hp on 20 inch push mowers. And I will not believe that 7.5 hp clean running engine emits less pollution than the old dirty running 3.5 hp engine.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #67  
Don't say that too loud. In some areas I am sure you have seen that plastic accordion boot around the gas nozzle at the gas station. that is for vapor recovery so you don't pollute the air. We will be wanting vapor recovery on home gas cans next.

And as a side note when discussing the extra fuel burned by regen. The same thing happened in the small gas engine department. Years ago a 20 inch push mower has a 3 hp engine and a 22 had a 3.5 or 3.75 engine. After all this EPA stuff started the engines on push mowers kept getting bigger. I have even seen a 7.5 hp on a 22 inch push mower. And several 5-5.5 hp on 20 inch push mowers. And I will not believe that 7.5 hp clean running engine emits less pollution than the old dirty running 3.5 hp engine.
I saw the nozzle boot years ago. I haven't seen one in a long time but I don't frequent lefty areas. I'm sure the fumes are captured and released out behind the building. It's all BS.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #70  
That is true, charcoal cannister and purge valve, had to replace the purge valve on my Suburban. What I refer to is the filler nozzle, not the on board vapor recovery. I've only seen them in urban areas (shroud over the filler nozzle).