Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota?

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #11  
And another showing by CCM top link painted ROPS gray.

Attachments

• 383275-new-14c.jpg
    383275-new-14c.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 399
   / Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota?
Madreferre,
thanks for the pictures. I have been emailing with JDrotert on this subject as well, and it will be getting some priority now that I located a backhoe valve and want to start building that project. JD and I were still holding out a little hope that our tractor could be modified for rear remotes without all these hoses. The 2150 is offered in both hydro and non-hydro, with different covers on the 3 pt valve. The hydro version has some plumbing that would be nice to take advantage of, but we don't know if that is viable. In addition, the 2150 is kind of related to the older 8200/9200 family which had some sort of lever arrangement at the 3 pt valve for rear remotes. I haven't had time ( until your post) to ask for more help from the audience. Anyone have a clue for me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If not, I think I'll be mounting another valve under the loader valve and plumbing to the back from there. I am thinking about pulling the electric valve out of the backhoe stack and putting that under the loader valve. Then I could still control the valve with an electric switch while turned around, but the plumbing might be cleaner than actually mounting a rear valve. Lots of options, just looking for the elusive best one. I would love to get a real answer about the 3 pt option first, obviously that would be really easy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #13  
You can use 3/8" hose instead of 1/2". That would allow you to have a cleaner installation, because the hoses will lay down and route better. The 3/8" hose would not effect your fluid flow. I don't know of any compact that actually needs 1/2" anyway. You could go with 1/4" if you were only going to use them with t-n-t.

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #14  
On the B series, Kubota uses 3/8" dia hose for the loader. The input, power beyond and return to tank on my setup are 3/8". My work port to the top link is 1/4" and 3/8" to the snowblower chute rotator. The middle spool is temporarily plugged until I get a tilt cylinder which wil also use 1/4" hose.

I am planning on doing a new thread on my installation as soon as I get more pictures.

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #15  
This is a long shot - can you provide pictures of the plumbing from the loader valve block and how you tee's into the return to tank? Thanks

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota?
Wow,
old thread ressurected! I gave up on trying to tie into the tractor, ended up putting a second valve up front and running lines back to couplers on the rear. For my return, I bought a JIC tee fitting that i put on the original valve outlet going back to the tank, put the return hose on the end and ran the second valve return into the side of the tee so it could go back to tank also.

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #17  
Another resurrection! Hoping MadReferee is still around, as he sounds to be a guru. I’m now in the same situation....wanting to add rear remotes to a B2150. I have a concept question, however. MadReferee noted that the rear control valve would need a power beyond port which would then connect to the 3 point line, and the valve would also have a tank line. BUT....when I added the 3rd function valve to operate my grapple, all the valves I looked at did NOT have the power beyond port(Summit, RW Long). They all had pressure, two work ports, and a tank port. They all connect their TANK port to the line that goes to the 3 point. No PB port or line. So that said, what’s the difference? Since the third function valves, and the rear remote valves are essentially serving the same function(operating another device), why would the rear remote valve need to have a power beyond port to connect to the 3 point, but a third function valve does not? Is it a matter of whether or not the additional valve has a relief valve on it? Is it necessary, or would it be protected by the relief in the loader valve? Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks for your anticipated help!

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #18  
Another resurrection! Hoping MadReferee is still around, as he sounds to be a guru. I知 now in the same situation....wanting to add rear remotes to a B2150. I have a concept question, however. MadReferee noted that the rear control valve would need a power beyond port which would then connect to the 3 point line, and the valve would also have a tank line. BUT....when I added the 3rd function valve to operate my grapple, all the valves I looked at did NOT have the power beyond port(Summit, RW Long). They all had pressure, two work ports, and a tank port. They all connect their TANK port to the line that goes to the 3 point. No PB port or line. So that said, what痴 the difference? Since the third function valves, and the rear remote valves are essentially serving the same function(operating another device), why would the rear remote valve need to have a power beyond port to connect to the 3 point, but a third function valve does not? Is it a matter of whether or not the additional valve has a relief valve on it? Is it necessary, or would it be protected by the relief in the loader valve? Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks for your anticipated help!

When I installed my rear hydraulics I took the power beyond hose on the loader valve (I have an LA350) and plumbed it to my rear valve. This hose has an orange dot on it I think. Then the return line from the rear valve was teed into the loader hose going back to tank which foes to the control valve (the one by your right foot). I remember putting a power beyond plug in my rear valve because I did not need power beyond my rear valve. I may rethink this since I run my backhoe off of the rear hydraulics and I also have a hydraulic thumb. Unfortunately when I use the backhoe and try to use the thumb, the backhoe has priority so I must switch off the backhoe to operate the thumb. If I install another valve off of the power beyond I could use both.

The control valve feeds power to the 3 point hitch, not the loader nor the rear hydraulics.

Each valve should have its own relief valve installed in it to protect the valve, attachment and system so this should not be an issue.

So in your question I suspect you took the power beyond hose on the loader and hooked it into the grapple and then went from your grappler back to tank on the control valve.

Putting rear hydraulics was the best improvement I did on my B2150.

/ Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #19  
PTK, I appreciate the reply. To clarify, tho, the factory setup for the B2150, with a loader, has the 3 point getting its pressure via the power beyond port on the loader valve. Pics of two manual pages attached.
Hopefully they'll show up. Anyway-one is from the shop manual for the tractor, and the other is from the loader. Both show how the hydraulics are configured & describe how the 3 point gets it pressure. Just to confirm this was true, I did a test on my machine. I had the 3 point all the way down, then pulled the lever all the way up. While the 3 point was coming up, I hit the switch for my grapple. Sure enough, the 3 point stopped going up while the grapple was moving.
As soon as I let go of the button, the 3 point continued to raise. This proved that the PB is what powers the 3 point. The tank port on the grapple valve(3rd function valve) is connected to the power beyond port on the hydraulic block, which then feeds the line going back to the 3 point.File_000 (4).jpegFile_001 (2).jpeg

Attachments

• File_001 (1).jpeg
    File_001 (1).jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 139
  • File_000 (3).jpeg
    File_000 (3).jpeg
    817.9 KB · Views: 151
   / Rear hydraulics for a B2150 Kubota? #20  
PTK, I appreciate the reply. To clarify, tho, the factory setup for the B2150, with a loader, has the 3 point getting its pressure via the power beyond port on the loader valve. Pics of two manual pages attached.
Hopefully they'll show up. Anyway-one is from the shop manual for the tractor, and the other is from the loader. Both show how the hydraulics are configured & describe how the 3 point gets it pressure. Just to confirm this was true, I did a test on my machine. I had the 3 point all the way down, then pulled the lever all the way up. While the 3 point was coming up, I hit the switch for my grapple. Sure enough, the 3 point stopped going up while the grapple was moving.
As soon as I let go of the button, the 3 point continued to raise. This proved that the PB is what powers the 3 point. The tank port on the grapple valve(3rd function valve) is connected to the power beyond port on the hydraulic block, which then feeds the line going back to the 3 point.View attachment 684577View attachment 684578

I goofed up and gave you the wrong setup. I gave you the setup for a different machine. I built a tracked dumper/dozer based on a Kubota Skyroad and it had hydraulics to control the 4 way blade.

So with egg on my face (which made it hard to see) I went and looked at the tractor and this is what I did. My hoses have the following colours - green - Pressure, orange - Power Beyond (PB) grey - tank.
1. I ran a hose from the Pressure line on the hydraulic block (green dot on line) and took it back to my rear hydraulics Pressure port.
2. On the rear hydraulic valve I ran a hose from the PB port and then fed it to the loader valve Pressure hose (green dot on line). There is a quick connect on that line.
3. On the rear hydraulic valve I ran a hose from the tank port through a filter and then teed it into the tank line on the hydraulic block before the quick connect. Grey dot on line.
4. When the loader is on, the PB hose from the loader valve goes to the PB line on the hydraulic block.
5. When the loader is on, the Tank hose from the loader valve is connected to the quick connect at the hydraulic block.
6. When I remove the loader, I connect the PB hose from the rear hydraulic valve into the PB line on the hydraulic block and disconnect the tank line.

Hope that helps and thanks for pointing out my mistake.