Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #361  
Maybe, have I talked with you on my front lawn?

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #362  
yes sir.just put stone on right of way this fall, and I'm not a Browns fan.

Last edited:
   / Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #363  
So are you saying people in Canada are overwhelmed by inverted snow blowers? Around here the majority of users have the standard 3PH rear mount twin auger units on the big AG tractors followed by small front mounts on SCUTs. Other than a few advertisements I dont recall seeing anyone use an inverted one.

Im in the snow belt and the idea of having to drive through 3 foot deep snow drifts before I can clean up doesnt float my boat. Mind as well plow at that point.
I live in Canada and I have never seen an inverted snowblower up here. Most are front mount (except mine).

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #364  
I live in Canada and I have never seen an inverted snowblower up here. Most are front mount (except mine).
Check out the various youtube videos. There are a ton of them and a LOT of them are in eastern Canada, like Ontario and Quebec. I have one and absolutely love it. Around my neck of the woods, most blowers are rear facing because they are way cheaper than the other 2 options. That is what I used for 13 years and I still have it for uses that the inverted is not meant for.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #365  
If you look at the pro sites like plowsite.com you will see that the popularity of the modern rear pull for clearing got its start largely in Quebec amongst contractors doing residential clearing- they found they could offer annual plans at a competitive price by doing drives much much faster than the alternative methods- some contractors were shooting for 80+ houses per machine. As the market built more blowers became available and people like myself started purchasing for personal residential use. I find it quicker easier than blading or the previous front mount i had. 3 feet might be tough, but for most how often does that much snow fall without clearing? 2 feet is easy but slow- it would be with any blower and plowing would be an issue because you have to put it some where. This is my 9th year using one and its the best for my situation- many snows and a long winter, not a ton of drifting. The whole driving through it thing is a lot less of an issue than people who have not used one would think. They are much more expensive than a rear push and somewhat counter-intuitive so adoption seems to be slow. I would note that its always people who haven't used them that say they can't work and people who own them that say they are great.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #366  
I knew a contractor that used rear pull blowers. All his clients were in suburban areas and were side by side, like 20-30 on a given street.
Also he only had 80+ hp tractors so weight was on his side for deeper snows.
He owned a bunch and also leased many for the winter season as farmers also leased for the summertime.
Back up to the client's garage, drive out blowing and go the next client, and repeat.

Unfortunately claims and insurance premiums got the better of him so he is no longer blowing snow.

Being a CUT owner I'll state that rear pulls would not be very practical mainly due to lack of weight, especially when you have wet 'snowman' snow or snow deeper than your clearance.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #367  
I agree that a rear pull snowblower would not be practical on an 18hp tractor. Not all CUTs are that small however.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #368  
I knew a contractor that used rear pull blowers. All his clients were in suburban areas and were side by side, like 20-30 on a given street.
Also he only had 80+ hp tractors so weight was on his side for deeper snows.
He owned a bunch and also leased many for the winter season as farmers also leased for the summertime.
Back up to the client's garage, drive out blowing and go the next client, and repeat.

Unfortunately claims and insurance premiums got the better of him so he is no longer blowing snow.

Being a CUT owner I'll state that rear pulls would not be very practical mainly due to lack of weight, especially when you have wet 'snowman' snow or snow deeper than your clearance.
If the tractor you are referring to is the MT180D in your signature, it is a SCUT not a CUT. I believe my L6060 is a CUT and it performs very well in all snow conditions but I am also set up for it. See the pic below. I can plow with an 8' wide FEL mount plow up 15% grades and did that yesterday. I used the inverted blower to go down the 1 mile long driveway, except for the last 400' or so where the neighbor has screwed up the driveway. I will not use my blower there. I did it once last year and it sucked up a bunch of rocks and loose asphalt. That section is about 15% and I plow down and back up several times. The rest of the driveway gets the blower treatment, with the side plates removed and for the areas around the house and other buildings, I use the front mount plow with the wings attached. Then I use the plow as a pusher.

As someone pointed out earlier, in this thread, we all have different conditions and needs. For those in the prairies that experience drifting snow, those who regularly get more than 2' snowfalls or those who get very little snow in a season, I doubt an inverted blower would be useful or worth the extra cost vs a rear facing blower. For drifts and big snowfalls a front blower or just a plow may be the best solution. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have enough room beside my driveway to plow large accumulations of snow, I would use the plow exclusively. However for MY conditions, I need a plow or pusher for areas around the buildings. I tried using a snow bucket but quickly ran out of room to stockpile snow and found it to be too slow. A plow or pusher compacts the snow as you push it, the snow can be piled higher and it's faster because the bucket doesn't need to be dumped. Last year I had 5 piles of snow that had been pushed (therefore compacted). Those piles ranged in size from; 30' diameter x 10' high to 50' wide x 30' deep and 10' high. Even at that I ran out of storage and had to cut down one the piles to make room for more snow.

My driveway used to get plowed until it got so narrow I couldn't get the pick up truck out. Then I had to blow the snow and used a rear facing blower, backing up for 2 miles and looking over my shoulder. I had enough of that and got the inverted. Now I blow the driveway whenever there is a build up of snow. I simply drop the blower and have a leisurely drive down and back up. No more sore neck for days afterwards. Much better, for MY conditions. I live in the mountains and don't get drifting snow and rarely get snowfalls of more than 2', usually more like 6" to 18".
1639608770367.png

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #369  
I would just as soon have rear facing especially if doing any back and forth. A push back blade works well that way too.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #370  
I may arrange supply of the snow blower shown in the pics. It blows to the either side. I'm dealing with the Lithuanian factory which produces them. They are pretty well made, fit big range of tractors, work good. Let me know if there is an interest.

Main tech specs: weight 430 kg; working width 2,25 m; tractor power required 45-110 hp.

sniego-pustuvas (1).jpg

sniego-pustuvas (2).jpg

sniego-pustuvas (3).jpg

sniego-pustuvas (4).jpg