Rear Remotes on a BX

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
Has anyone installed the rear remotes on a BX series tractor? I have the parts, but there is a glitch in the parts kit and Kubota is trying to figure it out. I can't believe that I am the first one to purchase this kit, but from the puzzled questioning by the Kubota technical people, I am beginning to believe that they haven't sold any before mine. To sum it up.... it doesn't go together with the parts supplied, but the parts supplied agree with the parts list, but just don't fit the tractor. I will post more when I get an answer from them... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I got the valve mounted, but that is as far as I can go until this is resolved. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attachments

• 448999-MVC-021S.JPG
    448999-MVC-021S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 617
   / Rear Remotes on a BX #2  
Hi Junkman,

If you search the archives, one person here posted a do it yourself parts list for the BX. I printed it out, but can't find it now.

The parts manual also posts an illustration of the kit if I recall.

I'm wanting to put one on mine, but no $$$$$ available now.

Best wishes,
Ron

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #3  
It looks like you got a single spool valve with power beyond. Everything in the picture seems normal for that setup. 2 QD's for the work ports, an inlet hose connection, an outlet PB hose connection, and a return to tank hose connection.

So I ask, what or where is the problem? Are you trying to figure out where the 3 hoses should go? I will need more info to give you the correct answer.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
The problem lies with the quick disconnects that Kubota supplies with the system for the connection at the other end. They don't mate up with the factory supplied quick disconnects on the tractor. I could procure the other type, but the question is "does Kubota want the mismatch so they don't get mixed up when disconnecting the loader" or is it a mistake on the engineering/specification of the part? I can easily purchase replacement parts that will work, but I already paid for parts in the kit that can't be used if this is the case. I will patiently wait for them to figure it out. Do you know if the valve is a standard Parker valve or is it a propriety product of Kubota?????? thanks

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #5  
Sounds like they shipped you the wrong hose kit or at least forgot to send the proper connector adapters. It would help if you posted photos of the hose ends at the tractor since not all 3/8" disconnects are made the same. If you got it from Tractorsmart call them for assistance.

I believe that the valve you have is made especially for Kubota and not available to the public for general sale. Same situation as the Husco loader valve, where Husco tech support will not even discuss it with you.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
Hose kit and materials list all are correct for the BX tractor, as well as the materials matching the materials kit. That is what has them stymied... they can't figure out what the engineer was thinking of when it was specked... Have a call into them this morning hoping that after 4 days, they have figured it out.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #7  
Can you post a picture(from the instructions) of how this gets plumbed into the tractor?

Thanks!

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #8  
I can tell you how it should be connected.

Disconnect the loader PB hose from the hydraulic block. Connect this hose to the hose that goes to the valve's inlet port using a quick disconnect or union fitting.

Take the hose connected to the valve's PB and connect it to the hydraulic block where the loader's PB hose was connected.

Take the hose connected to the valve's return to tank port and Tee it into where ever the loader's return to tank hose goes. There is probably a Tee fitting for this.

Simple, assuming they supply all the correct fittings and connectors.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #9  
jrlichina, I copied some stuff you posted about rear remotes and I thought yours plumbed into the rear or under the seat somewhere.

I don't have it here to review.............Am I having a senior moment?

THKS.
Ron

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #10  
No senior moment, I was just interested to see how Kubota plumbed this kit that's all. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It could be connected in a variety of ways. Hooking into the loader valve is one way but not the way I would do it because of all the hoses running around. If that's the way they do it I'd like to see the hose routing and how easily they could be damaged. That's the big concern. I simply added the rear hydraulics to my BX2200 and used this as my source for a 3 spool valve. Works great and not a hose octopus.