Rear Remotes on a BX

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
For comparison, here is my loader valve. My tractor was probably manufactured in August or September 2003 and delivered to the dealer in mid October 2003. I had ordered it in September.

Attachments

• 450559-MVC-019S.JPG
    450559-MVC-019S.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 280
   / Rear Remotes on a BX #22  
My new BX23 uses the connectors on the right...same as pictured in your loader pic.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
Update....... today after speaking to the representative at Kubota, it was determined that there was a running change in production from one style to another in the disconnects. Now that this has been determined, Kubota will be addressing the problem by making two different hose kits available. It will be determined by serial number which kit goes with which tractor. They will also be issuing an additional instruction page showing how the rear remotes are hooked up when the loader and valve are removed on the BX 1500/1800/2200/22 series tractors. This isn't a factor on the newer machines since the loader valve stays with the tractor. Don't know how long this will take to accomplish, but at least I have my problem resolved..

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
Today after speaking with Kubota I called the dealership and informed them that I needed to exchange the coupler set that go to the tractors front loader valve and what exactly what I needed. I also realized that the loader QD (quick disconnects) were missing the male part that is supposed to be in the kit. After close examination of that QD, I realized that they were also of a different type. They are Parker 6600 series. The tractors loader valve uses a Snap Tite 72 series QD. My question now is there a reason for the Parker 6600 series QD's to be used on the remote valve or can I just standardize everything with the 72 series QD's?? If someone has a rear remote by Kubota on any other tractor, no matter what the designation, could you please check to see what the brand and type of QD is used on your rear control valve? I am thinking that Kubota had a reason to specify the larger 6600 series QD's, but I am not certain about this. I am still waiting for an answer from Kubota on this question.... thanks

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #25  
I believe that the main differences between the 72 series and the 6600 series are related to PSI, ISO standardization, and disconnecting under pressure and fluid loss therein. For a tractor application their use should be interchangeable (not physically of course).

The 72 Series quick disconnect coupling is designed to meet or exceed ISO 7241 Series B requirements. This ISO specification stipulates the test parameters of the couplings and the nipple dimensions so the units will interchange with those of other manufacturers meeting this same specification. The 72 Series features superior pressure and flow characteristics over the competition making it the premier ISO industrial interchange.

For complete info on the Snap Tite 72 series look Here .

The 6600 series are double shut-off general purpose couplings that can be used anywhere that fluid transfer lines need to be connected and disconnected for operation or maintenance of equipment, and a loss of fluid is undesirable. Primarily used with construction equipment, manufacturing machinery, and in-plant systems. Several manufacturers are making 6600 series QD's.

The above descriptions were taken from various manufacturer's propaganda.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX
I have a commercial carpet cleaner that uses the same series 72 QD's, but in brass. Is there any reason not to use brass? These cost me $11.00 for a set and the Kubota's are about $25 per set manufactured in steel.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #27  
Get the brass. There is no difference in the operating specs for brass or steel. These QD's are more than 100% over-spec'ed for this application. Go with your pocketbook.

/ Rear Remotes on a BX #28  
Junkman,

When I built mine the 72C4-4RPs were $7.25 and the 72N4-4F were $3.28. Granted that was over a year ago so prices may have gone up but you should try contacting a hydraulics supplier for these standard couplers. My couplers were BSP thread and needed to be special ordered as well. You can probably use the more common pipe thread mates.

Good luck,
Michael