Rear Tire Ballast Fluid?

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #11  
Ghostrider I also live in Illinois, west central Illinois with Macomb being the nearest town. I have a JD2025r, similar in size to your Kubota. I have Rimguard in my rear tires. The advantage of it is heavier per gallon than otger products and it doesn’t freeze and is non toxic. It’s a beet juice derivative product. The disadvantage is the product is kind of a sticky mess. Normally the only time it’s an issue is when checking tire pressure and they make gauges designed for getting wet. If you get a lot of flats or cuts I’d probably just not fill the tires with anything. I’ve had small tractors for 14 years both with Rimguard and have never had a leak in the back.

I’m not sure of your setup but loaded rear tires is not enough counterweight, some kind of rear 3 point ballast is normally needed also.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #12  
I have an 1100# Rhino rear blade on my M6040. Allows me to move very heavy rocks and pine trees. There is a whole lot of difference between lifting and moving. When I move a very heavy load - it's never more than a couple inches off the ground - "knuckle dragging". It's concerned with safety and the fact that the FEL has it's greatest lift abilities down low.

With a heavy load in the grapple - I will leave drag marks in the dirt as I move the load.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #13  
A 50/50 mix of methanol and water is the standard fill in this entire region from what I've been told by multiple different dealers in this region, and also that basically every new wheeled ag tractor gets fluid in the tires. The dealers themselves do not deal with tires, they farm it out to local tire shops. The tire shops in the nearest town that deal with ag tires all use this mix, the one I usually go to even told me they won't touch tires with beet juice in them, it's too much of a mess to deal with.

Using a 3 point implement for ballast is really only an option for doing loader work or just driving around. It doesn't help if you are actually using that 3 point implement and need more traction, or if you are pulling a drawn implement. I've never seen chains on an ag tractor. The only tractors I've seen with chains have been on some of the early compact tractors that were used to push snow in parking lots before skid loaders with over-the-tire tracks and compact track loaders replaced them.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #14  
I used RV antifreeze,

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #15  
I have rim gaurd in my branson, son uses windshield washer fluid or RV anti-freeze in his X749. Both within 40 miles WI / IL border. Rim Gaurd is a little heavier per gallon.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #16  
All fluids are messy if you have a flat. I use rimguard, “beet juice” in the LX3310 and M100X. Son in law uses windshield fluid in a L5030. No problems in NE Mo.
Ballast adds stability and traction, use detachable wheel weights if you have to contend with conditions that cause flat tires, or you need as light a footprint as possible.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #17  
What? No one uses calcium chloride (or is willing to admit it)?
I bought my tractor used, and that's what was in there when I bought it. No problems in the almost 15 years I've had it.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #19  
What? No one uses calcium chloride (or is willing to admit it)?
I bought my tractor used, and that's what was in there when I bought it. No problems in the almost 15 years I've had it.
One day you will see rust bubbles on your rims. Then it’s all downhill from there.

/ Rear Tire Ballast Fluid? #20  
I've got a new rim sitting here waiting to be mounted on my IH574. I repaired one a few years ago, a day wire brushing a day welding and then painting and waiting for the paint to dry. This time I said no even though I have the time it's not going to happen, these had calcium chloride in them for a while. So one of these days I'll grab the new tube and rim and get busy braeking down the outer rim from the center pulling the tire off and hope I get to put the new tube back on the shelve but usually when the rims are corroded bad the rust particles and flakes are adhered to the tube and will cause flats if reused.